Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Fourm Beers (Friday December 3rd)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

ziedth wrote: »
    you really don't have to be, we all met through boards (with one or two exceptions) and it wasn't that long ago we had the first one. if you want PM me your mobile number and i'll text you when a few of us are there and where we are. the most daunting part is walking up, after that its grand.

You forgot to mention "the initiation". :D
    No bother Johnny, sure if you can't fly over you know where we will be.....

Looks like my flight will be going ahead, but from Cork airport. Severe delay is an understatement! It's a shame. Had a good time at the last Boards Beers even if I did suffer from an immense hangover the next day, damn Paulaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,653 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it 8 ish in Dowies and then on too somewhere else. Hopefully the weather wont effect this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

^ Yeah bout 8ish in Downes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya 8ish being the plan but it'll prob be after 9 before everyone is there so no panic then onto the front lounge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ya 8ish being the plan but it'll prob be after 9 before everyone is there so no panic then onto the front lounge.

That'll be some trek in fairness. Up and down the hills to get around Ballybricken. What say you to perhaps starting in another pub closer to The Front Lounge?

Philly Grimes would be a similar enough spot to Downes' and very close to The Lounge.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    That'll be some trek in fairness. Up and down the hills to get around Ballybricken. What say you to perhaps starting in another pub closer to The Front Lounge?

Philly Grimes would be a similar enough spot to Downes' and very close to The Lounge.

I did think of that,

how about somewhere in the middle seeing as Izy and PTH2009 live beside Downes?

The munster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What about Katy Barrys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

is The Front Lounge a definite as i probably wont get in til after 11 as i've a meal to go to first?

T and H Doolans ???

snuggles09 wrote: »
    is The Front Lounge a definite as i probably wont get in til after 11 as i've a meal to go to first?

Yeah that's a definite anyway.

Neither The Munster or Katy Barry's are great for either of the two lads though are they? I don't really mind. I'd prefer Katy Barry's out of those two myself.

Is that a good part of town to be considering? Like is it better for the two lads if they live right by Downes'? T&H's wouldn't really suit would it?

Edit: wrote this before I saw PTH's reply. It's obviously a geographic choice if we both picked it. The Gingerman is another pub in that area.

• Advertisement

I dont mind where we start i live in mayors walk so i have easy access to the town.

Gingerman is a good choice.

right in the middle of everyone.

that sound good then onto the front lounge?

Gingerman is a good choice.

right in the middle of everyone.

that sound good then onto the front lounge?

Grand so. Easy walk down afterwards. Gingerman it is.

I'm in the process of finding out when I'll be able to leave work tomorrow so that'll define when I can make it into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Damm you all changing my 45 second walk into a 2 minute walk :D

They better have budejovicky budvar in the gingerman :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Half tempted to possibly maybe head on in :) OH is going to her work do in the forum so I'm at a loss.

dermo909 wrote: »
    Half tempted to possibly maybe head on in :) OH is going to her work do in the forum so I'm at a loss.

Come on down,

Gingerman for after 8 seems to be the plan so. i'll see ya all there. Dermo if you want PM me your mob number and i'll give you a text to where we are sitting k?

Yeah come on in. The more the merrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The Tower Hotel had been due to have The Drifters play tonight but they had to cancel. They had a special Show and Room offer for the night so I'd imagine there's a lot of rooms becoming available owing to the cancellation. I can't guarantee anything, as this is merely a hunch, but if anyone is worried about getting home tonight, could be worth ringing to see how low they'll go on a room!

Gingerman for 8ish is fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

So is it the Gingerman at 8 .
    May join ye but will have to bale when ye head for the Front Lounge (other commitment ) If thats OK.

More the Merrier man,

I wish I'd known that admmm, just booked into Dooleys but it was only €35 each for myself and stig B&B so not too bad.

• Advertisement

Just walking around town and there is ALLOT of slush around so when that freezes it's goons be fun.

This may sound mad but for anyone who doesn't have suitable footwear (like me) put a pair of cotton socks over your shoes and it makes it like 90% better. When I was in cork last least it was way worse then this to walk and a German guy told me about it and I haven't fallen since.

You do look like an awful twat but it's worth it IMHO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

So it will be the good looking cotton sock wearing group in the corner .
    HELPS find ye (better than a carnation )

I'll swipe a Joe dolan tribute band thing here from the room and we can leave it up on the table that and of course the cotton socks.

Better not all of wear them though, people will talk :)

I'll swipe a Joe dolan tribute band thing here from the room and we can leave it up on the table that and of course the cotton socks.

Better not all of wear them though, people will talk :)

But we could form a club!!!

We'd all be some sight walking into the front lounge alright. We could all wear different colours......

We'd all be some sight walking into the front lounge alright. We could all wear different colours......

Well at least it'd clear a nice space for us to sit down! :P

Looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

my meal was cancelled due to bad weather:( like a demon i am..mad to go out and bow i've no one to go with as my friend can't get in from where she's living anyway..so bloody tempted to just go in on my own though..after the week i've had i need a drink..ah christ what to do:confused:

ill look out for the fellas in the socks anyway if i do make it in:D

Ah come in,

we'll be in TFL from 11 anyway.

snuggles09 wrote: »
    my meal was cancelled due to bad weather:( like a demon i am..mad to go out and bow i've no one to go with as my friend can't get in from where she's living anyway..so bloody tempted to just go in on my own though..after the week i've had i need a drink..ah christ what to do:confused:

ill look out for the fellas in the socks anyway if i do make it in:D

Ah you don't need re-enforcements. We're a very inoffensive group. And sure one or two of the lads coming tonight have never been down either so it's no different for you.

I'm finished work at 9 and heading straight in so should make The Gingerman by about twenty past I'd say.

• Advertisement

Ah come in,

we'll be in TFL from 11 anyway.

Or The Gingerman until then if you'd prefer to meet everyone in a smaller place.

Edit: No word from MFZ about tonight? What about Rockman - said he might join us and head off to another engagement.

Stephen had it on Facebook that he was in the Masai Mara or somewhere yesterday so I don't think he'll make the beers. :D

Advertisement