Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Ps2 games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

psi ops. This is a testament to how bad the current generation is. This was a very poor seller but had everything. A fresh and fun way of playing, physics ahead of its time, variety and a decent story with good boss battles.

It would be in its 3rd or 4th sequel if it came a generation later, but the glut of quality games last generation kept this gem hidden in the bargain bins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Erm i've played both and thought Frontline looked and played better than AA. I thought the levels were better as well. Not to say that AA was a bad game though.

Rose tinted glasses. No way in hell is frontline better looking or playing than MOH:AA. Frontline dies after the second level and the level design takes a nose dive. AA is great the full way through. AA was on a PC using a heavily modified Quake 3 Arena engine and was one of the nicest looking games at the time. The engine was so good it's still being used in the current CoD games. Frontline was a on aging PS2 technology and was pretty rough when it came out. The beach landing levels tell you a lot with better sound in the PC version, the beach being much more populated compared to the empty beach in frontline and much higher quality textures and models. You could also play it in 1600x1200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Farenheit, didn't notice it mentioned. One of my favourite games ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rose tinted glasses. No way in hell is frontline better looking or playing than MOH:AA. Frontline dies after the second level and the level design takes a nose dive. AA is great the full way through. AA was on a PC using a heavily modified Quake 3 Arena engine and was one of the nicest looking games at the time. The engine was so good it's still being used in the current CoD games. Frontline was a on aging PS2 technology and was pretty rough when it came out. The beach landing levels tell you a lot with better sound in the PC version, the beach being much more populated compared to the empty beach in frontline and much higher quality textures and models. You could also play it in 1600x1200

I think your the one with the rose tinted specs. I played AA after Frontline and was actually expecting it to look and play better but was dissappointed with it. I played AA with a high resolution as well but still thought the levels looked bare and the models looked less detailed. The levels just felt more empty than Frontline. It's still a good game but i think Frontline is better.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Farenheit, didn't notice it mentioned. One of my favourite games ever.

I didnt know Farenheit was released on the PS2 as well.

I played the PC version and it is a great game although the storyline was kind of ruined with the weird stuff towards the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nodferatu wrote: »
    that's the one, thanks man, i couldn't think of the name of it. i LOVED that game. I'd buy it again only my ps3 doesn't play ps2 games for some reason

Probbly not backward compatible,what model is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

was there ever any talk of a 3rd party add-on for a ps2 backward compatibility?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think your the one with the rose tinted specs. I played AA after Frontline and was actually expecting it to look and play better but was dissappointed with it. I played AA with a high resolution as well but still thought the levels looked bare and the models looked less detailed. The levels just felt more empty than Frontline. It's still a good game but i think Frontline is better.

No it's not. Go look at some youtube videos. I played them at the same time since they were released around the same time as each other. Frontline was a poor mans FPS on the aging PS2 while MoHAA was one of the most technologically advanced and best looking games at the time it was released on the PC. It was also a far far better game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No it's not. Go look at some youtube videos. I played them at the same time since they were released around the same time as each other. Frontline was a poor mans FPS on the aging PS2 while MoHAA was one of the most technologically advanced and best looking games at the time it was released on the PC. It was also a far far better game.

I've done one better and played both of them last night. Granted the version of Frontline i have is the remastered one that came with Tier 1 but i still remember being dissappointed with AA's graphics the first time i played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy XII
    Persona 4
    Psychonauts
    God of War 1 & 2
    Dragon Quest: The Journey of the Cursed King
    Ghostbusters
    Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
    Sly Cooper 1, 2 & 3
    Shin Megami Tensei Lucifer's Call
    Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
    Jak and Daxter
    The Mark of Kri
    Project Zero II
    Ratchet & Clank
    Rogue Galaxy
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
    Devil May Cry

Love this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Fnz wrote: »
    I'm seeing a pattern; you'd probably enjoy...

- BMX XXX
    - Dance Dance Revolution X
    - Guilty Gear X
    - Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
    - Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus
    - Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival
    - Guilty Gear XX: Slash
    - Hot Wheels Velocity X
    - Jak X: Combat Racing
    - Mega Man X Collection
    - Romance of the Three Kingdoms X

All titles that, somehow, have that special 'factor' that's so difficult to pin down. :p;)

Is it something to do with all the X's by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it something to do with all the X's by any chance? :D
    Thats_the_joke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

psi ops. This is a testament to how bad the current generation is. This was a very poor seller but had everything. A fresh and fun way of playing, physics ahead of its time, variety and a decent story with good boss battles.

It would be in its 3rd or 4th sequel if it came a generation later, but the glut of quality games last generation kept this gem hidden in the bargain bins

I kept coming back to this game over and over.
    I told nearly everyone I knew to go and buy this game. I really hope someone picks up where this game left off.
    Music is cracking too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Shadow of the colossus and mgs3, the tony hawk skater games were fun as hell aswell

Advertisement