If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JUST IN - O NEILL/PHILIPS HEADPHONES

Options
  • 12-11-2010 8:41pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Ok Boardies I know that I'm in the industry a long long long time - but every so often a new product comes along that makes you sit up and just say W O W - However it's not often that a few new headphones make me go W O W

But this new O'Neill (of surf/Ski fame)/ Philips range of cans really are seriously special...
    • For a start they look great.
    • Secondly the sound A M A Z I N G - Better than anything I have heard at an equilivalent price point from any other manufacturer (Philips included).
    • Finally, they have loads of funky features that mark the range out as seriously special - especially the 'non-tangle' cables which are a really great feature.

Lets start at the in-ear end - I normally hate in-ear cans but these really are comfortable, fit, and sound great - way out of kilter with their price point!

sho9550_10_rtf_.jpg
    The Speckled - SHO9550/1/2/3/4

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sho9550_10/sho9550_10_pss_eng.pdf

These are remarkable cans - I have been using them myself for the last month and I just love them (they have finally replaced my trusty Sennheisers after years of using Sennheiser).

They are available in Black/White/ Pink/Purple/Blue at just €29.99

Next up is the SHO4507 - The Covert (Don't ask me where the names came from!) - These are really top quality Iphone compatiable headsets so they include a mic and iphone controls - again they sound great - Radically better than the standard Poddy cans and best of all you take the cable out of your pocket and you dont spend the next 10 minutes untangling the cable - magically they just always seem to come out untangled!

sho4507_10_rtf_.jpg

Ok at €39.99 they are not cheap - but then how much do you like your music?

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/sho4507_10/sho4507_10_pss_eng.pdf

Next up are two full size cans:
    The SNUG - SHO8800/02 (Black/white or purple)
    sho8800_10_rtf_.jpg

http://www.toaheadphones.com/#/products/snug

Again - none of your budget rubbish here - these are serious cans especially if you are sporty and appreciate Audio quality -the headband models feature the non tangle fabric cables again and 'stress relief' (not what you think!) How many times have you caught your headphone lead whilst you were running for a cab/bus/luas etc and written off your headphones/got whiplash - never again - these have a cable connector that will just give way - saving your expensive cans and your neck strain!

A real bargain at €49.99

Last - The Stretch €99.99 and again they are worth it just for theAudio quality (but they do look so neat as well!) http://www.toaheadphones.com/#/products/stretch/about

sho9560_10_rtf_.jpg

A bit more subtle than The Snug - these really so sound amazing.

We have a demo set up in The Philips Shop and the Guys there will look after you if you would like a demo at any time (and we will get you the Best possible pricing as well if you mention you are a Boardie)

We will ship anywhere in Ireland free of charge!

Check out The O'Neill micro site http://www.toaheadphones.com/
    (It makes me want to get my ass in gear & book the Skiing trip!)

Keep us posted if we can assist guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

folks

Checkout full specs and prices here on our website
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/philipsoneills.html

atb
    ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

John,
    Can I get 2 pairs of the SHO4507 in pink from you. I can collect in the shop but I am not buying anything else this time.:p

Hi Rednik

We have yet to receive the SHO4507.

I've just spoken with the Headphone Rep and they expect to have them available just before Christmas.

I havent even seen them myself yet...

I'll put you up on the system as a Customer Order and contact you as soon as they arrive in......if we can tempt you with anything else,you know where we are!!

atb
    Ash

Ash,

Thanks for that, I will keep a watch here for news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nicko4993

hi i would like to buy the ones for 49 The SNUG - SHO8800/02 (Black ) but how do i iam in athlone Co westmeath i dont sopose ther is a shop here that is selling them fr that much

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

nicko4993 wrote: »
    hi i would like to buy the ones for 49 The SNUG - SHO8800/02 (Black ) but how do i iam in athlone Co westmeath i dont sopose ther is a shop here that is selling them fr that much

Nicko,

I'm not sure who around you are authorised stockists of The O'Neill range (or pricing) but if you drop us a PM with your contact numbers we have no problem delivering to you in Athlone.

Keep us posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nicko4993

hi me again i dont have your email i must have deleted it do you do cash on delivery ? if so give me a call tomorow and i will give you my details by the way the headphones i was after was are called The Snug and the style is black ice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

<Snip>

Mod Comment:

Thanks for the heads up, no need for further comment about this.

Ritz.

Ash,

Any word on these arriving before Christmas!

Hi Rednik

justspoke to the sales desk and good news - these have been allocated o us and we should see the delivery tomorrow.

I have 2 reserved on the system for you and will buzz once they are in stock.

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Ash,

Thanks for the quick reply.:)

Hi Nicko4993

Have a look here at our website -http://www.philipsshop.ie/philipsoneills.html I guess you mean the SHO8800.

We can take payment over the phone and post 'em out to you no worries if that helps.

atb
    Ash

Hey Rednik

Headphones in stock - tried your phone but figured as a good Boardie you'll be here first!

They are reserved for you - I'll pm you the trans no -they find it that way.

cheers
    Ash

Ash,

I will be in over the w/end, thanks again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.