Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pub Ellen St any info?

• 12-11-2010 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear about a brand new pub opening in Ellen st?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Ive heard nothing but id be interested to know about it... whereabouts on Ellen st??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

On the corner of say the street where the Old Quarter pub is(Little ellen st) and Ellen street its self next door the The Costume shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

bigpink wrote: »
    On the corner of say the street where the Old Quarter pub is(Little ellen st) and Ellen street its self next door the The Costume shop

So that would be where that iron mongery place had been? Saw they did some work there on the wall a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Meh they should just reopen Quins.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Due to open the 27th of this month. Smallish bar, no offence just size, nice courtyard , lovely stone work inside... Guess after that it's everyones opinions for them selves. Best of luck to Dave and his bro who are doing it....

Ken

• Advertisement

What kind of crowd/vibe are they going after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Kess73 wrote: »
    Meh they should just reopen Quins.

Anyone else suffer an involuntary twitch after reading this?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Coble Stone Joe's from what I hear,

are u able to say don't quote me!!!!!!

think there due to ope 29 this month...

I would think mid twenties ish and up going from Dave and bro who will be running it...

Rgds - K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

concussion wrote: »
    Anyone else suffer an involuntary twitch after reading this?

Good twitch or bad twitch? Mine was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was parked on Ellen Street today and when getting back into the car I saw this new expensive looking canopy thing over the entire thing and thought "thats odd for a weird place that sells junk".

Now I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

In there last night, barmaid had the best rack I've ever seen:D

Whats the place like?Will it do well considering the Cornmarket bombed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Who knows, like every place the true test is how many go there 3 months after it's opened, rather bizarely the mens has no cubicle:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The_Dave wrote: »
    In there last night, barmaid had the best rack I've ever seen:D

+1

Lovely little bar to be fair - big open fire, excellent choice of music which was kept to a very suitable low dB level, excellent pints of Guinness as well.

I think I have a new local tbh :)

keane2097 wrote: »
    +1

Lovely little bar to be fair - big open fire, excellent choice of music which was kept to a very suitable low dB level, excellent pints of Guinness as well.

I think I have a new local tbh :)

Might check it out over the Christmas,thank god its not another super/rugby/disco bar pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cornmarket bombed not because of location but because of terrible management and terrible lay out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Will it do well considering the Cornmarket bombed

The two aren't even that near to eachother :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The two aren't even that near to eachother :confused:

Don't worry it's just NegativeVamp with her unique miserable take on everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Don't worry it's just NegativeVamp with her unique miserable take on everything.

I don't know, I looked outside earlier and the sky was actually falling to earth in little white pieces, shocking altogether. Course, I knew all along it was the illegal immigrant travellers behind it all. There's our sky lying on the ground and what is the council doing to rebuild the sky, nothing Joe, nothing.

• Advertisement

its the ash from all the foreigners burning our jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

what's the name of this place? and where exactly is it? i might pop down after work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Cobblestone Joes

If you walk down from to the old quarter from cruises street pass out the old quarter and its the first door on the left after the side enterance into the car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

what's the name of this place? and where exactly is it? i might pop down after work

It's called Cobblestone Joe's.

It's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 newsmedia

As I have been a regular and have played music at this venue, I was pissed off to the core by the new generation of goofheads employed by the pub who stopped me at the door on Sunday night.

Will never visit again and I hope after pursuing such a course of intolerant and ignorant action this place goes quickly out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Was it the opinion of the Security staff that you were intoxicated by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

newsmedia wrote: »
    As I have been a regular and have played music at this venue, I was pissed off to the core by the new generation of goofheads employed by the pub who stopped me at the door on Sunday night.

Will never visit again and I hope after pursuing such a course of intolerant and ignorant action this place goes quickly out of business.

that's unusual, I cant stand most door staff but the ones in there are sound any time ive had to deal with them :confused:

newsmedia wrote: »

instead of an internet campaign, I sugggest you contact the management and ask about why you werent let in. they may not be aware of an issue with their new doorstaff, and will either tell you why, or sort it out so it doesnt happen again.

• Site Banned Posts: 40 soprano123

That is so funny ! As my partner and I went to Cobblestone Joes last night and we actually discussed how nice the doormen were to us...In fact we said if every establishment had security like this Limerick City would be a far better night out...I think maybe either you were drunk ....or your a ****e musician and couldnt get a gig there :)

• Advertisement

soprano, no need for insults.

EDIT: Want to clarify, I'm posting this as a user of the site, not meant to be backseat modding, just general advice to a new poster from another user.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement