Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pub Ellen St any info?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Staff there have never been anything but friendly to me and my friends! Very nice doormen, always wish you safe home when you're heading out the door! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Think the place is still a little characterless but that'll come in time, the doorstaff have always been polite to me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Don't think I've been in there yet,had a good evening in the Curraghower last weekend.What a view from their courtyard. (off topic I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

newsmedia wrote: »
    I hope after pursuing such a course of intolerant and ignorant action this place goes quickly out of business.

Are you annoyed about the fact that you used play music in there and have been refused, or just the fact that you were refused? I know of plenty of talented (and untalented) musicians and Djs in Limerick who wouldn't be left into places they perform at on a night off...
    Then again I know LOADS of drunks who are NEVER left into any pubs in the city centre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The doorstaff there are probably the nicest in Limerick. Also you hope they go out of business because you got stopped there one night...yeah nice attitude if you are half like that IRL I can see why you weren't allowed into the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Don't think I've been in there yet,had a good evening in the Curraghower last weekend.What a view from their courtyard. (off topic I know)
    It's great alright, particularly at sunset on a calm evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 newsmedia

Adverts | Friends As I have been a regular and have played music at this venue, I was pissed off to the core by the new generation of goofheads employed by the pub who stopped me at the door on Sunday night.

Will never visit again and I hope after pursuing such a course of intolerant and ignorant action this place goes quickly out of business.

I must add a little to this as the author who was as you'll guess very annoyed at the time. No, was not drunk, nor was I a ****** musician as somebody wrote- it was simply the fact that the new doorman said he 'did not know me' - and that's not good enough.

I too have commented on the welcoming manner of staff I had known on the door since starting to visit.

I hope they continue to operate, but that such events do not re-occur.

Adverts | Friends As I have been a regular and have played music at this venue, I was pissed off to the core by the new generation of goofheads employed by the pub who stopped me at the door on Sunday night.

Will never visit again and I hope after pursuing such a course of intolerant and ignorant action this place goes quickly out of business.

I must add a little to this as the author who was as you'll guess very annoyed at the time. No, was not drunk, nor was I a ****** musician as somebody wrote- it was simply the fact that the new doorman said he 'did not know me' - and that's not good enough.

I too have commented on the welcoming manner of staff I had known on the door since starting to visit.

I hope they continue to operate, but that such events do not re-occur.

Why should the new bouncer have known you?

Why should the new bouncer have known you?

Hi - that's not the point. If he had been someone who knew me as a problem maker, then fine. Not knowing someone is NOT a justifiable nor a good reason to deny entry.

Hi - that's not the point. If he had been someone who knew me as a problem maker, then fine. Not knowing someone is NOT a justifiable nor a good reason to deny entry.

I don't know, you're still going on about it a few months later, sounds like a trouble maker to me.

• Advertisement

I don't know, you're still going on about it a few months later, sounds like a trouble maker to me.

I am just putting the record straight. I also do not make comments about someone I don't know anything about. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Its a cop out bullsh1t reason, but I'm sure if he told you why he really stopped you it would either make you angry or sue the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Right I think we have had enough of that then. This can only end badly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement