Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Etosha National Park C+C ...

• 12-11-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

At last my photos are online and processed ! it was an amazing trip

here's a few (pt1.... ) :D

5114412735_d30fc13d22_z.jpg

5119655331_bb2059ab0b_z.jpg

my favourite
    5114541203_da8145a3ab_z.jpg

I'll add more soon , I don't want to overcrowd the thread with pics.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

wow they're fantastic! what lens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

100-400 L

Cheers ..

Pity the lion has that bit of straw in his mane tho ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Sometimes I think on dream type scenarios that people get lost on c&c.

while I love where you were and the animals I will try and give a c&c as if they were taken in the Phoenix Park. :p

1) Pic/Deer looks slanted and the deer behind the main subject also makes the main subject look freaky! 100-400L obviously doesn't have the background blur that a prime would have to make the subjects stand out.

2) I like this one but the crop is very poor, I woulda swapped ur right hand for ur left side so to speak..I'd love to see some more blacks/contrast/clarity in it too.

3) The old Lion does indeed look cute but I'd love to see your exif, did you focus on his eye and what metering mode did you use?
    I'd love to see some more life in his eyes, cos basically it is a portrait of sorts after all!

I'm not knocking ur pics just how I would've improved them.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

the_monkey wrote: »
    100-400 L

Cheers ..

photoshop cs5 can easily sort that!

Sometimes I think on dream type scenarios that people get lost on c&c.

while I love where you were and the animals I will try and give a c&c as if they were taken in the Phoenix Park. :p

1) Pic/Deer looks slanted and the deer behind the main subject also makes the main subject look freaky! 100-400L obviously doesn't have the background blur that a prime would have to make the subjects stand out.

2) I like this one but the crop is very poor, I woulda swapped ur right hand for ur left side so to speak..I'd love to see some more blacks/contrast/clarity in it too.

3) The old Lion does indeed look cute but I'd love to see your exif, did you focus on his eye and what metering mode did you use?
    I'd love to see some more life in his eyes, cos basically it is a portrait of sorts after all!

I'm not knocking ur pics just how I would've improved them.... :)

I'd love to be able to afford a 400 f2.8 prime!!!
    The deer is straight, he was just standing like this with his back curved...

Also was shot at f10 I think, cos i shot it quickly after another shot,

Zebra's are as clear as they could be I think when I want all of them in
    focus and in frame.

More life in the Lions eyes ! ? ? not possible in this case - unless another Lion came along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hopelessOne

I like the second shot. Not sure if you'd agree but the subject isn't really the Zebra but their patterns... so I'm thinking it might make a very good B & W conversion? Oh, and maybe a slighted tighter crop off the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

100-400 L

Cheers ..

5176659244_81144e48dc.jpg
    lion1 copy by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    Hope you don't mind I edited it in PS5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

100-400 L

Cheers ..

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    lion1 copy by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    Hope you don't mind I edited it in PS5

A real photographer would have picked the straw out and then retaken the shot. Ameteur's... :pac:

Peace wrote: »
    A real photographer would have picked the straw out and then retaken the shot. Ameteur's... :pac:

:D:D !!!

Well I tried that but lost my fingers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

:D:D !!!

Well I tried that but lost my fingers!

So did I :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Stunning shots, I love the light in the first one, and that stare of the lion! :eek: Fantastic, looks like it was a great trip!

Thanks all for the comments, I'll post more soon ...

Advertisement