Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difference in price between slate and metal roof

Options
  • 12-11-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know roughly the difference in price per square meter between a metal corrugated roof and thrutone slate, material only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

from what i remember

galvanised €25-€30 psqm
    thrutone €80psqm
    natural slate €250psqm
    cedarwood shingles €450
    thatch €500psqm
    copper €550psqm
    zinc €550 psqm
    or if you really wanna splash out for some nice stone about€1500 psqm :eek::eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Isn't there also an insulated steel roof? Anyone know much about the cost of this?

yop wrote: »
    Isn't there also an insulated steel roof? Anyone know much about the cost of this?

about €60psqm i think

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

about €60psqm i think

Thanks very much.

I wonder how good it is, one lad tells me that its very good, but i am not convinced.

I am building a shed with a pitched roof, I am going to put an office/gym room upstairs, i wonder would this do the job?

It would be cheaper than slates and since its got insulation it would help in heating the room upstairs.

Thanks

Thanks very much.

I wonder how good it is, one lad tells me that its very good, but i am not convinced.

I am building a shed with a pitched roof, I am going to put an office/gym room upstairs, i wonder would this do the job?

It would be cheaper than slates and since its got insulation it would help in heating the room upstairs.

Thanks

it's really good stuff
    it doesn't look the nicest but maybe it's just me

and you need less the half the amount of timber compared to slate
    and it'll be done in a day or 2 compared to 200-300 slates a day
    so it costs less on labor too

you can get some stuff with a profile on it to make it look like clayy tiles it's a little more expensive but if i had to use metal i would use it
    it's called nordman i think they are based in clare or limerick

• Advertisement

it's really good stuff
    it doesn't look the nicest but maybe it's just me

and you need less the half the amount of timber compared to slate
    and it'll be done in a day or 2 compared to 200-300 slates a day
    so it costs less on labor too

you can get some stuff with a profile on it to make it look like clayy tiles it's a little more expensive but if i had to use metal i would use it
    it's called nordman i think they are based in clare or limerick

Fair play for the information. I THINK I have seen it on places, I will have to see if it would do the job when my office is upstairs. But I can insulate it inside again.

Must look them up

Fair play for the information. I THINK I have seen it on places, I will have to see if it would do the job when my office is upstairs. But I can insulate it inside again.

Must look them up

http://www.nordman.ie/insulated.html

have a look at the pdf brochure
    you would probably have seen them on the recent trend in swimming pools popping up all over the country
    and there is 4or5 different colours to choose from too
    and the staff were pretty nice too they will give you all the fixtures and fittings
    oh and dont forget to get the nibbler too it's only €50 but it'll save you a fortune in the years to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

priced a job about 8 months back where thrutone roof including timber and labour ame in at 33k

priced the same in kingspan tile effect.by the time sheeting, flashings, purlins and fixings came in the price came in at over 80k
    fixings were one off the biggest expenses

Advertisement