Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Baked Lamb

Options
  • 12-11-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Dave Lamb's constant sneering at everyone's bruschetta on Come Dine With Me would be a little easier to take if he could pronounce "bruschetta".

It's a k sound, you ignorant fushing shunt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Fushing shunt ... love it!

I will be stealing that and passing it off as mine own ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Which part has a K sound?

Every Italian restaurant has pronounced it the way Dave Lamb does. Not that you're wrong, I don't exactly go to classy restaurants :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

phasers wrote: »
    Which part has a K sound?

Every Italian restaurant has pronounced it the way Dave Lamb does. Not that you're wrong, I don't exactly go to classy restaurants :pac:

:) Me neither, unless you count the Borza takeaway double chips and cheeseburger. Or is that keeseburger?

The Italian "ch" is pronounced as a k, like in "orchestra" or "gnocchi". I wouldn't mind how people say it, except that the Come Dine WIth Me guy is so picky about everyone else's mistakes.

Advertisement