Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi in Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Original thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056088225

Can the mods merge the two threads please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's coming along nicely.. drove past it the other day and it seems like it's flying up.

Yeah, the last time I saw it they were firing up these massive pre-cast concrete wall sections, I'd say they would have it up in time for Halloween if it was being built in Germany...

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

drove by there today.
    billboard outside says that the store will be opening on 24/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

d15ude wrote: »
    drove by there today.
    billboard outside says that the store will be opening on 24/11.
    :D thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Opening at 9am on 24 Novemnber 2011. I hope they have some special offers lined up!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

joolsveer wrote: »
    Opening at 9am on 24 Novemnber 2011. I hope they have some special offers lined up!
    I'm so excited - wot a sad cow I am. It's great though especially if we get promised bad weather - less traveling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Do they normally do special offers on opening days?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Where exactly is the new Aldi being built?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Where exactly is the new Aldi being built?

As you drive into Clonee coming from Blanch it will be in your right just after the old Browns pub there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Makes it a lot handier to get to an Aldi now when they have good specials on. Good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ronan45 wrote: »
    Nice to see Clonee will have 2 large supermarkets Aldi and Lidl. They really should as one of the earlier posters mentioned do something with the town. It really looks run down these days IMO. Browns an abandoned shell, McDonalds boarded up with the bars on the windows, the house across the road burnt out. Who actually looks after Clonee village? Meath County Council?

It used to be worse,with a very bad road surface to begin only!
    Slowly slowly,Meath CC gets the funds from local shops and hopefully will "fix" the village !

What piss me off is that the traffic in morning or afternoon gets mad,with the one way system from Damastown Business parks / N2 link going through village ONLY and then more and more drivers avoiding M50 toll bridge, uses back road to Lucan,creating sometime good few minutes tail backs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes, great addition to D15 (well, I know Clonee is technically in Meath but you get what I mean!). Must plan a big shop there before Christmas! The food advertised on their brochures always seems more tempting than Lidl and win a lot of food/quality awards.

Remember, opening this Thursday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

rolion wrote: »
    It used to be worse,with a very bad road surface to begin only!
    Slowly slowly,Meath CC gets the funds from local shops and hopefully will "fix" the village !

What piss me off is that the traffic in morning or afternoon gets mad,with the one way system from Damastown Business parks / N2 link going through village ONLY and then more and more drivers avoiding M50 toll bridge, uses back road to Lucan,creating sometime good few minutes tail backs...

Is there any good reason for having that bridge one way only...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Arciphel wrote: »
    Remember, opening this Thursday :)

I was wondering when, I drive by it every morning on my way to work ( avoiding the M50 :) ) and thought it was on the verge of openeing.
    Id Say it will be really busy till they manage to get at least 2 more of them into the D15 area..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

January wrote: »

Allways wondered that myself............
    Logically............ hmmmm............... I cant see the logic !

Anyone been down to the new store? Worth going down this eve for bargains?

January wrote: »

This is what I found on the Fingal CC website.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=31583

Is it definetly opening on Thursday? - will stretch out what we have in and do my shopping on Thursday if thats the case. I hope there will be some food left in it by the time I get there haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ciaran76 wrote: »
    This is what I found on the Fingal CC website.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=31583

Thanks for that...but...from 1999,with "increased employment at IBM" washed away...not sure that research still stay accurate !

Is annoying coming from Damastown in the afternoon BUT lovely in the morning going out from Housing Estates...so...leave it like that for now !!! :)

• Advertisement

Just drove by and 4 hardy lads queuing already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

never understand why people do this! Unless there is some massive limited discount offer (half price laptops or something), why not just stroll in after opening time? :confused:

They were selling barbeques for €19 - must be a lot of people that really want a barbeque in November! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

We went for the opening of the store and not the deals.

The staff handled it very well, tokens for people who wanted the specials and then letting 15 in at a time.

The usual lack of manners and driving skills, park where you like and question the staff when told the specials where sold out.

Not much fanfare for the opening, some balloons on the outside, a van with an advert on it and the deals.

They could have had tasters walking up and down the queue or even a stand like Lidl does and some face painting or balloons for the nippers. Also it just opened (ok it’s only a shop) but be nice to get some local personality or the like to open it.

Oh and a free canvas bag when you bought something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

ongarboy wrote: »
    never understand why people do this! Unless there is some massive limited discount offer (half price laptops or something), why not just stroll in after opening time? :confused:

Theres always a limited number of items too. So its a waste of time usually. Special offers you can't get, are bad publicity rather than good publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

BostonB wrote: »
    Theres always a limited number of items too. So its a waste of time usually. Special offers you can't get, are bad publicity rather than good publicity.

We were there around 9 and they were still asking people what offer did we want and even up till around 9.30 most of the deals where still there.

If you want it badly you get up early and queue, ok work/nippers etc, but I’m sure you know someone you can throw a few bob from the savings to get them to get it for you!

Well shopping done and put away. It was mental down there, but have to say despite the queues being half way down the aisles they flew threw them. Alot of people there buying a few things. Wish I had room in my trolley for the big 42" tvs.

It's mental down there - I'd avoid for a few days until the fuss dies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

CHAOS in the Carpark!

Drove in about 30 mins ago. Madness in the carpark.

Drove out and promptly went up to Lidl.

• Advertisement

Dropped just after 7pm last night still very busy but was in and out in 15 mins I knew what I needed and didnt wander around.

Looked same as all other Aldi's I have been too and I am sure with the craziness of yesterdays launch kept the staff all very busy and rushed off their feet.

I can see Clonee village becoming a heavier traffic area now.

Advertisement