Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would Either of These Be OK or Just Pure Rubbish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Just Pure Rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Avoid them like the plague, for the money a good second hand would be better.
    I would go to a bike shop to buy one, to avoid it being stolen plus they are(should be) serviced and everything before they are sold.
    Unless you live in the D7ish area I dont know anywhere that sells them, maybe someone on here will.

Have you considered the bike to work scheme?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Both junk. At that price range avoid suspension like the plague.

Adverts.ie is quite good and for example this
    http://www.adverts.ie/328056/bikes/claud-butler-urraco-bike/
    would be a lot better value.

What do you want it for and whats your budget?

Bear in mind most posters here (me included) would happily spend far far more on a bike than a car :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well once the house is bought, furnished and so on I'll be able to look at buying a new bike and I will try to buy it under the work scheme. I'd happily spend between €500-600 on it but as I mentioned that is several months away.

I mentioned I had a Blast Ranger but I don't think it will be terribly economical for a shop to repair that as it cost just €100 new. I'd like to get that repaired but if not just something to tide me over for a few months until I can get a decent bike. I have a short commute into work, about 10-15 minutes from the Navan Road into Parnell street so it's nothing too strenuous for the bike.

I'm in Dublin 7 if anyone has a recommedation for somewhere that sells secondhand bikes. Is that bike on Adverts one I should seriously consider? I'm sure it'd cost at least €50 to get the gears/chains fixed on my current bike so €40 more for something decent secondhand isn't a great leap financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Ah ok the only shop I know is close then, do you know City Cycles on Anamoe Terrace? They do second hands, I dont know whats there at the moment but its worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

steinone wrote: »
    Ah ok the only shop I know is close then, do you know City Cycles on Anamoe Terrace? They do second hands, I dont know whats there at the moment but its worth a look.

I do know it- that's where I dropped the bike in last time and where it'll go again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭techieelectric

Try rothar, will do a second hand city mountain bike for 120 or a hybrid for about 160. All decent and better quality than the cheap suspension stuff. www.rothar.ie

Advertisement