Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Problems

• 13-11-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Sorry to be asking yet another one of these questions but I'm quite close to giving up on wireless networking altogether.

Basically have a few thing in the house

Pc(pc1), directly connected to the wireless router
    Xbox connected to wireless network via xbox wireless n router
    Another pc(pc2) connected to wireless network via belin wireless n usb adapter
    Laptop connected via inbuilt wireless n card

PC1 never has any connection problems
    xbox disconnects rarely
    PC2 doesn't seem to be able to stay connected to the internet for more than 30 seconds
    Laptop is not as bad as PC2 but can get very temperamental and often needs to be repaired.

The wireless router is on the second story of the house in the room adjacent to the room with pc2 and the xbox.

I just don't understand why I'm having such problems considering all the equipment I'm using is reasonably high end

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

If the problems disappear when pc2 is switched off, replace the Belkin with a device from a reputable manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Did you try to change the channel the wireless router is broadcast on.

You might have to change a few times to get it right.

Its easy to do if you have access to it, send on the model number if you have trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

Unfortunately there are a lot of variables that can effect wireless coverage even over short distances.

I would start by moving all the devices into the same room i.e. within a few feet of each other and seeing if that sorts out the disconnections. That will at least tell us if it's an object or interference that is causing the problem.

Ref changing channels - as far as I'm aware there are only really 3 clear channels with 2.4Ghz wireless 1, 6 and 11 all the other channel numbers in between can and do suffer from some overlap. Don't ask me where I read that though it does seem to be true.

Advertisement