Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on mobile phone under warranty

Options
  • 13-11-2010 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I signed up for an 18 month plan with 02 about 10 months ago and got a palm pre. Phone has been the worst performer ever. Overheats like mad, goes from 100% down to 39% battery in about two hours. Had been on to customer service complaining a number of times and they told me I had to go through the usual channels and bring the phone back in for repair. Anyhows I bring the phone back and your man in the shop basically told me i was wasting my time and that it would have to go back to the states and I'd be ages waiting. I said go ahead and send it back. That was about three weeks ago, got a text message during the week to say phone was back. It is still under warranty and it came back with a BER (beyond economic repair) and no other details. The phone won't switch on at all now and I am left with no phone. Demanded a replacement phone from 02 who refuse until they find out why it was labelled BER. They say that if it is due to customer damage which the guy in the shop said it was I am not entitled to replacement. I have kicked up a stink with 02 and shop but am getting nowhere. I said right I am cancelling my account and they have the neck to say if you do so, you will incur penalties. Any ideas. I am phoneless and seething and cannot afford another phone.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Small claims court is the only thing i can think of. You could get a twenty quid nokia to tide you over till its resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redsleuth

Thanks, think I will do to see if i get anywhere. Found an old motorola with half the buttons and am using til i get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If they did say they didnt know what caused the BER and yet went on to tell you that it was customer caused they definitely need some customer care training (and I never thought I'd say that as common sense should cover that).

Advertisement