Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was going on in Eyre Square this evening?

Options
  • 13-11-2010 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

was walking down to the coach station with a friend and noticed a marquee being put up in eyre square. looked like it was some sort of stage being set up with benches the bus station side.
    anyone know what it was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

German christmas market I'd imagine. Thread about it here. Will be on for a month starting next week as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i thought that was down at the docks, this looked more like some sort of small gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

No its definitely the Christmas market. they started setting up earlier this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

It's not opening until the 19th though is it?

Should be interesting depending on how much our valued local suppliers and artists jack up their prices.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

^^^at least you're braced for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

What's the editor's name in the Advertiser, Varley? He mentioned it in his editorial, it's the Christmas market. An entertaining editorial, as always.

Hmm. "Entertorial." Anybody have the number for the patent office?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dunjohn wrote: »
    What's the editor's name in the Advertiser, Varley?

Yep, Declan Varley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I always enjoy reading his editorials, very funny this week

few threads about the market on here. they've been working on setting it up all week, should be class when it's ready!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well said Charlemont !

Interesting choice of words there !

• Advertisement
Advertisement