Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'fly pitching' at the galway market

Options
  • 13-11-2010 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Whats the risks if fly pitching on the galway market? I've chatted to a few traders about doing a little trading and they have no problem with it. (provided there's space) and they reckon the only draw back might be the warden asking me to move off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

If you're tryin to sell food, then you're going to be under scrutiny very soon, simply because of health standards. That is absolutely fair enough if you ask me.

There are at least 2 prime examples of why the authorities should be coming down harder there right now. One of which has been serving customers for a long time now, the other, has only recently started serving food in the last while.

Fyi, donuts, curries and falafel are produced and served in an impeccable manner. The rest, I'll leave up to your imaginations/experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You selling flies?

Edit: had to google it: The activity or act of illegal street trading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Give it a shot - whats the worst that could happen? On the other hand, if you are competing with one of the licensed existing traders you'll end up in a shallow grave outside Abbeyknockmoy.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've seen folks get away with it, if they are selling stuff that could have come out of a flat.

When the warden approaches (and they will), say something like "Vee are moving back home to Germany and ve are wanting to sell our things - is this not allowed?" and look very innocent and confused. Only works once or maybe twice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Got caught today..He was ok, very matter of fact, he asked had i a license and then asked me to move on.

• Advertisement

I really cant understand why there's such a long waiting list for a license for the market..apart from some major hot spots through the year there's always enough room for at least four more pitches on a usual saturday, then there's big day prices for day markets in other parts of the county:( you'd need to be making fairly big sales on the day to justify such a cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What is the cost, as a matter of interest?
    And is it transferable/shareable?

15e for the day muycullen
    25e claregalway

Advertisement