Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maybe not doing xmas

Options
  • 13-11-2010 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I have always loved xmas. There is something magicial about it. It also breaks up the long dark winter.
    Im renting this year and will probably go between my place and home for xmas. I want to decorate my place with a tree and lights and put a xmasy feel to it.
    Heres the problem. This country is sickening me and I want to save and get the hell out from here.
    I have been looking at trees, lights and decorations that dont cost much. Part of me wants to decorate. Another part of me wants to save all i have and i dont think i even want to spend 5 euro.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

But this is a forum for people who love Christmas, no matter what! Discussions about the state of the country, maybe not doing Christmas etc seem a bit out of place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I couldnt agree more !!!!!

Everyone knows its not easy at the mo, there is no reason to bring it into every conversation. Lets all look forward to xmas and ignore all the crap for the time being. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I have always loved xmas. There is something magicial about it. It also breaks up the long dark winter.
    Im renting this year and will probably go between my place and home for xmas. I want to decorate my place with a tree and lights and put a xmasy feel to it.
    Heres the problem. This country is sickening me and I want to save and get the hell out from here.
    I have been looking at trees, lights and decorations that dont cost much. Part of me wants to decorate. Another part of me wants to save all i have and i dont think i even want to spend 5 euro.[/QUOTE

Your rightthere is something magical about christmas and it will be the break from all the doom and gloom thats going on. You can get lots of stuff in pennys really cheap and 50 to 100 isnt going to make the difference between you going away or not. This maybe your last christmas in Ireland for a while enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Personal Issues forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement