Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa v Manchester United Match Thread 13/11/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Is it 7 or 8 league games since Berbatov scored?

His hat trick against Liverpool last time he scored.

City, Wolves, Spurs, Stoke, West Brom, Sunderland, Bolton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wasted chance!

Harsh, that.

Not at all. He has no pace whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

IvySlayer wrote: »
    His hat trick against Liverpool last time he scored.

City, Wolves, Spurs, Stoke, West Brom, Sunderland, Bolton.
    That's all league though, fairly sure there was a cup game/CL game in between that where he didn't score?

Is it 7 or 8 league games since Berbatov scored?
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    That's all league though, fairly sure there was a cup game/CL game in between that where he didn't score?

:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think this is the 8th league game in the sequence.

:P
    I see my inability to read thoroughly has caught me out, yet again.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

After a bright start Utd risk throwing this away. They have been very sloppy the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That United shirt is one the worst they've ever had. Looks like a cheap training top.

Nike telling us if we're gonna buy knock offs they're gonna be **** :D

Carrick, Chico and Park, have they even touched the ball? :confused:

• Advertisement

Come on Nani, smash it in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

+1 Andy Grey,

"That should have had goal written all over it".

:(

Ah ffs.

Pure genius from Evra and Nani. Everyone else like DURRRRRR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

WTF . .

what a waste . . Evra couldnt do any better then that, how the fk was nobody on the end of that ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

A shocking first 30 mins. No shot on target hfor utd. 1 for villa. Zzzzzzz.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Carrick, Chico and Park, have they even touched the ball? :confused:

Hernandez has but it was about five minutes after the ref blew for offside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This is shíte

Hernandez has but it was about five minutes after the ref blew for offside.

That is two posts you made on that trivial incident. . Nobody died . .

cry_a_river_build_a_bridge_get_over_it_hat-p148698704548132176q02g_400.jpg

Bannan and Albrighton could end being unreal players.

G'wan Chico!

Please get up Evra :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Watching United play this season is like watching grass grow. No it's worse than that actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Get it on the fn ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

We miss Scholes.....:(

Mister men wrote: »
    Watching United play this season is like watching grass grow. No it's worse than that actually.
    Ahh, the usual spout of shíte from Mister Men in a Utd thread.

Took your time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And yet you always seem to be here :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Watching grass grow is a good bit cheaper for one thing

Took your time though.

I'd actually agree with him though. They have been hard to watch this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Took your time though.
    Better late than never :P It's the truth is'nt it.

Shoooooooooooooooooooot!!

Then dont watch their games . . Problem solved . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Ah ffs.

Pure genius from Evra and Nani. Everyone else like DURRRRRR.

tom-dwan.jpg??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

The sun coming in through the stand is annoying to watch on tv especially with the white kit.

And before anybody suggestsit I'm not comparing it to the invisible grey kit at the dell.

A few matches have been horrible to watch, but they have played some good football in a few games this season, hasn't been a completely dull season tbh.
    Better late than never :P It's the truth is'nt it.

True true true, surprised you didn't wait till half time :P

Take two of the most important attacking players out of any team (valencia & Rooney) and watch them remain unbeaten, let alone play good football. .

Not just that, the likes of first team starters Rio and Carrick have only very recently come back from long term injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Drumpot wrote: »
    Take two of the most important attacking players out of any team (valencia & Rooney) and watch them remain unbeaten, let alone play good football. .

Not just that, the likes of first team starters Rio and Carrick have only very recently come back from long term injuries.

Boo hoo. Everyone has injury problems. How many players are Villa missing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

This is pants. Our midfield needs to get a hold of the ball for a few minutes.

THFC wrote: »
    Boo hoo. Everyone has injury problems. How many players are Villa missing today?

It's not a case of boo hoo though :confused:
    He's just giving an explanation for why we haven't been as entertaining this season as we had been in other years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whos on the subs bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It's not a case of boo hoo though :confused:
    He's just giving an explanation for why we haven't been as entertaining this season as we had been in other years.

All things considered I think ye've had a very good start to the season. Only unbeaten team left while playing quite poorly. And its not as if United have ever started strongly anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Whos on the subs bench?

Mostly subs, the coach and the manager.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »

Somebody complained about the standard of United football this season . . I pointed out they have been missing two of their most productive players for most of the season which certainly doesnt help. .

What is wrong with that or do you think not having Rooney and Valencia helps united in the creativity department?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

A young inexperienced Villa midfeild have looked better than ours at times. Worrying.

I reckon the sun at the end of the pitch Utd are attacking is in there eyes. Thats why they keep bundling into each other, scuffing shots and giving the ball away down there. I mean what else could it be?

In the second half we'll put three away in the shade. Well any takers on that? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

happy enough so far especially from the young fellahs

I reckon the sun at the end of the pitch Utd are attacking is in there eyes. Thats why they keep bundling into each other, scuffing shots and giving the ball away down there. I mean what else could it be?

In the second half we'll put three away in the shade. Well any takers on that? :D

20090916_fingers_crossed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

A young inexperienced Villa midfeild have looked better than ours at times. Worrying.

Yeah, I'd say that's it, the commentators were saying the sun is in the Friedel's eyes for the free kick, but you could clearly see his shadow out in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

No, Utd are just gank :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Betfair say 24/1 (for 3-0 United)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I'd like to see more directness from united. Nani isn't taking on warnock at speed, park always seems to come inside. Maybe obertan for park for the second half. Villa seems to have lots of pace all over the park so have to be careful about getting caught on the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the real worrying thing from a Utd point of view is that Hogg and Bannon are more than holding their own against Fletcher and Carrick.

i'd expect the experience to show before too long, and once Utd gain a consistent upper hand in there, then they'll nick a goal or 2 i reckon.

Nani looks the most likely; nothing new there this season.

;)

United injury time winner :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement