Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa v Manchester United Match Thread 13/11/10

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

BERBA wrote: »
    they think they are , but they are not really

Who are then? Surely not the spurs team that crumbled before united a few weeks ago:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

BERBA wrote: »
    they think they are , but they are not really

Your standards are slipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Who are then? Surely not the spurs team that crumbled before united a few weeks ago:D

ha ha 7 draws in 13 surely cant be title contending form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

lordgoat wrote: »
    second in the league, unbeaten. i'd say we're not out of it yet.
    Not out of it by any stretch. My personal opinion though is (and has been since before the season started) Chelsea are going to stroll it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mike65 wrote: »
    Vidic should be off.

can you explain why, as opposed to just coming across as a bitter old man?

young jumped the hoardings - deserved yellow.

vidic did nothing wrong, what so ever, onto normal celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Vidic was pushed in, a yellow would have been harsh but Nani should have walked 100%,dirty elbow thrown from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Did Nani get a card for the elbow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yeah I think so.

i assume you know the difference between an elbow and a hand? NANI DID NOT ELBOW ANYBODY....The back of his hand caught him, it was nowhere near an arm. it was not a red card and thats that.

god, the way people blow things out of proportion here is shocking, youd swear vidic jumped head first into the crowd, hugging the united fans and pulling them onto the pitch. he did nothing wrong, young jumped an advertising barrier to celebrate and that is why he got booked - excessive celebrations. people calling for brown to be sent off - he wasnt the last man as ferdinand was also there and, had say nani and not ashley young, been in that position, watch a different attitude, people would be saying it was not a penalty and calling nani a diver.

it was a very soft penalty and mike dean,shall we say, gave villa alot of them yesterday, most notably the shocking foul on park from behind by albrighton that he waved play on and villa nearly scored from. flethcer getting a kick in the face in the penalty area? is that not dangerous play? many many more, but oh no, have a go at united and all the big teams get all the decisions. pathetic this place can be when united are involved.

the only united player who could have been sent off was hernandez, but it is debateable that he would have flung himself into the tackle like that, had he got the yellow for kicking the ball away first.

people on here are so f*cking bitter, its unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

i assume you know the difference between an elbow and a hand? NANI DID NOT ELBOW ANYBODY....The back of his hand caught him, it was nowhere near an arm. it was not a red card and thats that.

god, the way people blow things out of proportion here is shocking, youd swear vidic jumped head first into the crowd, hugging the united fans and pulling them onto the pitch. he did nothing wrong, young jumped an advertising barrier to celebrate and that is why he got booked - excessive celebrations. people calling for brown to be sent off - he wasnt the last man as ferdinand was also there and, had say nani and not ashley young, been in that position, watch a different attitude, people would be saying it was not a penalty and calling nani a diver.

it was a very soft penalty and mike dean,shall we say, gave villa alot of them yesterday, most notably the shocking foul on park from behind by albrighton that he waved play on and villa nearly scored from. flethcer getting a kick in the face in the penalty area? is that not dangerous play? many many more, but oh no, have a go at united and all the big teams get all the decisions. pathetic this place can be when united are involved.

the only united player who could have been sent off was hernandez, but it is debateable that he would have flung himself into the tackle like that, had he got the yellow for kicking the ball away first.

Actually I didn't see it and I didn't see it in the highlights I'm only going on what people here have said not bitter at all don't know how you got that from one line:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

it was a very soft penalty

Ha ha. It shows your bias if you think that was a soft penalty. I agree there is a lot of over-reaction in the thread, in particular to the Vidic incident but if you think that was a soft penalty you must have been watching a different game.

matrim wrote: »
    Ha ha. It shows your bias if you think that was a soft penalty. I agree there is a lot of over-reaction in the thread, in particular to the Vidic incident but if you think that was a soft penalty you must have been watching a different game.

and if united got it, there would be meltdown on the forum. can you explain where the foul is? did he trip him or pull his jersey or push him or what?
    Actually I didn't see it and I didn't see it in the highlights I'm only going on what people here have said not bitter at all don't know how you got that from one line:confused:

only the first line was directed at you...though considering you didnt see the game, you should not be saying things that are not true.

one person for example claimed 4 united players should have been sent off which is just laughable to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

and if united got it, there would be meltdown on the forum. can you explain where the foul is? did he trip him or pull his jersey or push him or what?

It was a clear peno. If united had of got it you would probably have some people saying it was soft of wasn't one. The exact same as you are saying it wasn't when it was given against united. But they would be wrong, as Brown clearly bundles over Young.
    one person for example claimed 4 united players should have been sent off which is just laughable to say the least.

There is an argument for 4 red cards for united. I don't agree with most of them but there are arguments for them

- Hernandez. Should have had a yellow for kicking the ball away as well as the yellow for that tackle.
    - Nani. To me showed intent to hit warnock. If he had of connected he would have deserved a red but he didn't connect properly so a yellow is fair enough.
    - Brown. People have been sent off for less and he may have prevented a goal scoring chance but I think a yellow is fair as Ferdinand was back there too.
    - Vidic. By the letter of the law should have had a second yellow but common sense says he shouldn't. The thing that annoyed people here is that Young got one for a similar thing earlier.

But they would be wrong, as Brown clearly bundles over Young.

it isnt clear IMO, people are going off Andy greys sky sports opinion. it was an extremelty debatable decision and i know if united got it, which i dont think we would have, there would be uproar about it.

There is an argument for 4 red cards for united. I don't agree with most of them but there are arguments for them

- Hernandez. Should have had a yellow for kicking the ball away as well as the yellow for that tackle.
    - Nani. To me showed intent to hit warnock. If he had of connected he would have deserved a red but he didn't connect properly so a yellow is fair enough.
    - Brown. People have been sent off for less and he may have prevented a goal scoring chance but I think a yellow is fair as Ferdinand was back there too.
    - Vidic. By the letter of the law should have had a second yellow but common sense says he shouldn't. The thing that annoyed people here is that Young got one for a similar thing earlier.

hernandez was lucky, ive already said that, but its impossible to say he would have dived in like that, had he got the first yellow.

we have already discussed the other 3, vidic did not do similar to young, young jumped a barrier ffs. i wish people would actually watch games properly besides making outlandish statements. vidic celebrated with fans as normal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

it isnt clear IMO, people are going off Andy greys sky sports opinion. it was an extremelty debatable decision and i know if united got it, which i dont think we would have, there would be uproar about it.

hernandez was lucky, ive already said that, but its impossible to say he would have dived in like that, had he got the first yellow.

we have already discussed the other 3, vidic did not do similar to young, young jumped a barrier ffs. i wish people would actually watch games properly besides making outlandish statements. vidic celebrated with fans as normal.

homer there's an argument for avoiding match threads after full time anymore, the amount of s.hite that gets thrown around in them is hilarious.

4 red cards, i'm sure if they looked harder the could have found more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Funny thing is most of the people calling for 4 reds are not villa supporters. Maybe thats because villa are one of the few teams that weren't a complete embarressment for their supporters this weekend. At least moaning and stirring on this thread eases their pain:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nani's was a red card, he raised his hand with intent, he looks at Young 3 times before attempting to strike him. It's a red card all day long.

I agree with the Vidic thing that he didn't go into the crowd like Young did. Hernandez one was just mistimed and a yellow was fair.

And it was a stonewall penalty, jesus you have to be the most biased United fan I have ever seen, Brown takes Ashley Young out as he was bursting into the box, did you see any complaint from any United players? A yellow card was also fair as Ferdinand was beside him and he wasn't last man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Stonewall penalty. Brown absolutely clattered into Young with the clear intent and result of knocking him over rather than tackling him properly.

Vidic was a bit lucky not to get a yellow considering that Young had got one previously, but Young's dive into the crowd was a bit more ...eh... enthusiastic, and in any other game nobody would be calling for Vidic to be booked.

Nani should have got a red because the intent was there but I'm glad he didn't. Not because he's a United player but because I hate the rule about raising your hand with intent being a red. It's a wimpy rule the way it's enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This could be a defining day in the premiership

When I seen this being posted yesterday I laughed, now I really must take my hat off to you....your a Witch!!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I can understand the relief alright.

But in the grand scheme of things it's a poor performance and result. In a week you were hoping to gain ground of Chelsea, you've taken 2 points from 6 and been poor in both games.
    p_larkin99 wrote: »
    what?

we had to play city and villa away, they played fulham and have sunderland at home. i by no means thought we would be gaining ground this week!

I've no doubt you wont bother replying to this Al seeing as you didnt bother replying to the post yesterday but in light of Chelsea's result at home today....

we played a 'top 4' team away and got a point, we also played a decent villa side and got a point, again away.

Chelsea played 2 easier games, both at home and only picked up 3 points.

Understand the relief now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm glad we don't play United every week with the kind of crap the match threads become.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I've no doubt you wont bother replying to this Al seeing as you didnt bother replying to the post yesterday but in light of Chelsea's result at home today....

we played a 'top 4' team away and got a point, we also played a decent villa side and got a point, again away.

Chelsea played 3 easier games, both at home and only picked up a point.

Understand the relief now?

Beat me to it p, i was gonna pop in here say exactly what you just did and then start an:

"Are Ancelotti and Chelsea done thread???"

JPA wrote: »
    I'm glad we don't play United every week with the kind of crap the match threads become.

and the fact you cannae beat us :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

and the fact you cannae beat us :P

forgotten old trafford last season already? :p

Helix wrote: »
    forgotten old trafford last season already? :p

I said at villa park, another epic fail from you like yesterday

*checks*

god damnit. Bastard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

HA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Nonsense. Firstly, yes Nani didn't catch Warnock with the elbow, but he still caught him with the arm and the intent was certainly there...should have walked IMO.
    Secondly, soft penalty? Come off it. Makes the last line of your post seem a little ironic. As many others, including United fans have said, it was a stonewall penalty. Brown clattered into Young's legs and took him down. He also could and possibly should have seen red. Ferdinand is irrelevant, Young was denied a goalscoring opportunity as he would have been shooting first time anyway.
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Stonewall penalty. Brown absolutely clattered into Young with the clear intent and result of knocking him over rather than tackling him properly.

Vidic was a bit lucky not to get a yellow considering that Young had got one previously, but Young's dive into the crowd was a bit more ...eh... enthusiastic, and in any other game nobody would be calling for Vidic to be booked.

Nani should have got a red because the intent was there but I'm glad he didn't. Not because he's a United player but because I hate the rule about raising your hand with intent being a red. It's a wimpy rule the way it's enforced.

About the most level headed post on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

The United of not so long ago would've been able to win at least one of those away fixtures.

Stop trying to spin it into a positive that is not there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The United of not so long ago would've been able to win at least one of those away fixtures.

Why do you care so much?
    I'm genuinely interested as to why others teams supporters care so much about what United are doing and what we're thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I thought you of all supporters would understand the need for optimism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anybody spot anything unusual/funny for uniteds 2nd goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Like what?

Advertisement