Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big cat dead on bypass?

• 13-11-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭

Did anyone else see the carcass of a large animal on the hard shoulder of the new N25 just, literally, at Tramore sliproad yesterday morning, I passed it at around 9:00? It was a pale brown, white under the chin and a long thick tail, it looked way too big to a large domestic or feral moggy and the wrong shape for a large dog. It couldn't have been a lioness, too small or that, but I got the impression that it was something like that.

I must be wrong, but I am curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Are you sure it wasn't an otter as a few get killed along that stretch every now and then.
    98574811.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Are we talking about the N25 or the outer ring road - where is the Tramore slip road? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I saw it, looked like a big fox from what i could tell,presuming its the road comming in from the new bridge your talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Fluffybums wrote: »
    pale brown, white under the chin and a long thick tail
    Pine marten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

marlin vs wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't an otter as a few get killed along that stretch every now and then.
    98574811.jpg
    Brian Cowen ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

charlemont wrote: »
    Brian Cowen ??

We should be so lucky :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

One of the K Team who painted the rock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Definately wasn't an otter the legs were too long.

Too big for a pine martin, never seen one but the pictures always seem to suggest a reddish coat and about the size of a moggy.

And it was the dual carriageway coming away from the new bridge heading west at the slip road which is sign posted to Tramore but brings you out by B&Q/Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't believe nobody has mentioned how great your username is OP. Actually made me LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned how great your username is OP. Actually made me LOL
    You'r imagination is running wild,what's up with my user name,i'll meet you in dignaty.:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement