Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Queer Beers - November 26th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Don't worry, we'll figure something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

Don't worry, we'll figure something out.

Burkhas all round, by any chance?:D:D:D
    We'll certainly pick each other out of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

DS333 wrote: »
    And how do we introduce ourselves? By our boards names? By our real names? Or are we all undercover?:D
    Just so that I don't blurt something out and end up guilty of a frightful faux pas.:o
    real name or boards name or both, whatever you want!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I generally introduce myself by my real name and only tell them my boards nick if asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brandodub

Will really try to go but am still feeling a little 'nervous':(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

why would you be nervous about going to meet a bunch of strangers off the internet in some place you've probably never been before?
    :pac:

Don't think I'll be able to make this, I'm skint :(

(I'm sure they'll all be very nice brandodub and you won't be the only one with nerves ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

brandodub wrote: »
    Will really try to go but am still feeling a little 'nervous':(

You're nervous?
    I'm the one who should be nervous, after all I've revealed about myself.:eek:
    I think I should wear a bag over my head...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Can I change my vote to Porterhouse the beer there is better than the front lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

when will the voting stop? This is like waiting for the results on xfactor....how many Cheryl Cole's have we had ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

gibson wrote: »
    when will the voting stop? This is like waiting for the results on xfactor....how many Cheryl Cole's have we had ;):D

Poll closes tomorrow at lunchtime.

• Advertisement

hatful wrote: »
    Can I change my vote to Porterhouse the beer there is better than the front lounge.

I changed it for you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Pre-emptive question, where is porterhouse? No directions necessary, I'll find my way there.

Edit: Is it on Nassau Street by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

There are actually three Porterhouse in Dublin
    * Nassau St
    * Temple Bar, across Turks Head
    * Prospect Rd in Glasnevin

Plus one in Bray and London, kind of far away to go for a beer :D

We might need a poll to decide which one ha!

Oh great :) So much choice, so little time!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

I stupidly only realised the 26th is actually a Friday and not a Saturday like I thought :( stupid me!

Means I wont be able to make it :(

Come anyway, you can die of a hangover on Saturday instead of Sunday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

gibson wrote: »
    I stupidly only realised the 26th is actually a Friday and not a Saturday like I thought :( stupid me!

Means I wont be able to make it :(

I was just gonna say, for those of us not living in Dublin Friday nights are hard. It wouldn't make a difference for me this time but in general it's easier to travel on a Saturday. Impossible to leave work somewhere at 5.30 on a Friday and get to Dublin!

Hopefully I'll be at the next one.

dory wrote: »
    I was just gonna say, for those of us not living in Dublin Friday nights are hard. It wouldn't make a difference for me this time but in general it's easier to travel on a Saturday. Impossible to leave work somewhere at 5.30 on a Friday and get to Dublin!

Hopefully I'll be at the next one.

I know - I didn't understand either why people wanted a friday night but the poll was that the majority voted for it

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    I know - I didn't understand either why people wanted a friday night but the poll was that the majority voted for it
    X-Factor on saturday night? :confused: :eek:

I was once in a leaving party in town and some people arrived quite late as they were waiting for the results.... get a life....

For those who love xfactor, I'm sure we could find a nice cosy pub that would put it on. I'm not one of these people thank god, but we could give them the walk of shame afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Barna77 wrote: »
    X-Factor on saturday night? :confused: :eek:

I was once in a leaving party in town and some people arrived quite late as they were waiting for the results.... get a life....

But the results are one Sunday now so that might free up their Saturday nights a bit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

looking forward to meeting you all in the Porterhouse next fridaywhichever branch its at

I'm looking forward to meeting a few more boardsies too :D

bob50 wrote: »
    looking forward to meeting you all in the Porterhouse next fridaywhichever branch its at

Central would probably be handiest, tbh.

Well the easiest for me is to leave the car in Pheonix park and walk from there. I could be all sweety by the time I get there, not sexy at all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well the easiest for me is to leave the car in Pheonix park and walk from there. I could be all sweety by the time I get there, not sexy at all :o

Or you could take the Luas from Heuston, just accross the road and only costs €1.50 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 datura

I think I've only actually posted in this forum once but I read it a fair bit - am hoping to head along on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 livlondon

:(

I know I'm not as prolific with my boards posts as others but I feel awful. The company has a big release this weekend so my trip to Ireland is off. I feel terrible. It would have been so nice to have met ye and put a name to the 'handle.' I guess there is always next time and if any of ye are ever over here (in London), do drop me a note and I'll show ye a bit of my town.

livlondon wrote: »
    :(

I know I'm not as prolific with my boards posts as others but I feel awful. The company has a big release this weekend so my trip to Ireland is off. I feel terrible. It would have been so nice to have met ye and put a name to the 'handle.' I guess there is always next time and if any of ye are ever over here (in London), do drop me a note and I'll show ye a bit of my town.

Sorry to hear that - you'll have to come to the next one though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 livlondon

Sorry to hear that - you'll have to come to the next one though!

Damn right I'am, I'll book more time around it so it can't happen again.

Advertisement