Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Queer Beers - November 26th

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Thanks to all who put me on the right track.

Glad I was able to help some others get there too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

Glad I was able to help some others get there too. :)
    Thank you, Sir Ophiuchus - I'd be lost without you! :)

Yes, it was a good night. But what was with the boards.ie "sign"?! :( For those who weren't there, it was a A5-sized sign consisting of the "O" from the "BOARDS.IE" logo - i.e. a square thing with two circles cut out of it - in the middle (i.e. not at the edge!) of the table!!! :confused: :P

Nawh - 'twas a good night, good fun, and a nice way to come out to an ex-colleague of 9 years ago!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That is the official boards.ie logo and icon. bie_vector_logo_normal.png

I had a rather stressful day but it was remedied by good food, good whiskey and good company, it was lovely to meet you all. Maybe next time we can pick a venue earlier on and have a 7pmish start date if it's a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I wouldn't have got that logo!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

Very interesting to put names to avatars.:D I enjoyed meeting all who were there. Pity there weren't more of you.:confused:

Those who are nervous about going shouldn't be. There wasn't one monster there...

Next time - put it down to my age, if you wish - but could we meet in a place where we can hear each other speak rather than trying to battle unsuccessfully with music blaring from loudspeakers. I only heard about half of what was said to me.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭electrobi

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    I wouldn't have got that logo!

^^ this. And I would have given up and left!

Didn't go at all though. Needed a clear head for the march today...for all the good it did. Hope you all had fun. Wish I had have met you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

DS333 wrote: »
    Very interesting to put names to avatars.:D I enjoyed meeting all who were there. Pity there weren't more of you.:confused:

Those who are nervous about going shouldn't be. There wasn't one monster there...

Next time - put it down to my age, if you wish - but could we meet in a place where we can hear each other speak rather than trying to battle unsuccessfully with music blaring from loudspeakers. I only heard about half of what was said to me.:(

I would have loved to go, but living 100 miles away is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 patrix

I also echo what some of the others have said and thanks again Sir Ophiuchus for pointing us in the right direction and for some interesting conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭A lemon

bah sorry I couldn't make it, had too much work to do...haven't had a drink in weeks :(

Next time, next time...

Advertisement