Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best qualification to get to be a pilates teacher?

• 13-11-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

I asked this on the fitness forum a while back but didnt get much of a response. Where would be the best place to train as a pilates teacher? I already have a fitness qulaification.

If anyone works in the fitness industry what do you look for when hiring a pilates teacher?

The courses are expensive, just want to do the best one out there. Im based in Dublin.

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NattyRasher

Hi,

I see your posting is from last November but no one has replied to you. I have been attending Pilates classes in a studio called Body Firm on Prussia Street (off North Circular Road) for the past 2 years. They are also a teaching school with new courses starting at the end of this month. the instructors courses vary and are different prices depending on whether you have previous qualifications or not. Why don't you give them a call. Berni or Joyce are the people to talk to, they're really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Thanks, I asked around and I heard they arent very good at Bodyfirm. I didnt like the vibe I got either when I went in.

There's a place out in Malahide that Im going to train with.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Roy Batty

As far as I know, Stott Pilates certification is the most highly regarded.

I don't know where you can train in stott pilates, but one of my instructors is workin on her stott teaching certificates, so it can certainly be done here.

Advertisement