Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zooplus.ie??

• 13-11-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone here used Zooplus.ie for purchasing anything of note?
    I'm looking to buy a Guinea Pig indoor "cage" and I've found some really nice ones on it.
    Just wondering if any of y'all had used this site and what you're experience was.

Thanks in advance!

Gilly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Yes, I've bought a lot of aquarium equipment - filters, heaters, pumps, etc. from them and never had any trouble. Probably used them about ten times or so. Delivery is pretty reasonable too timewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Try zooplus.uk. cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I use the uk zooplus too. Its slightly cheaper and delivery is free when you spend over a certain amount. I use it every few weeks for dog food and have no complaints at all. Delivery is normally 4 days at most

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Smur

Gillie wrote: »
    Hi All,

Has anyone here used Zooplus.ie for purchasing anything of note?
    I'm looking to buy a Guinea Pig indoor "cage" and I've found some really nice ones on it.
    Just wondering if any of y'all had used this site and what you're experience was.

Thanks in advance!

Gilly

I bought an indoor guinea pig pen from them last year. I was very pleased with it and it was much cheaper than other pet shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Yeah I've used them with no problems at all, but as said above, use the uk one, I think it all comes from Germany anyway, and its cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

try all the zooplus. Each site has different prices

I've order lots of fish stuff and rabbit stuff off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

godtabh wrote: »

I agree with this, I got some agility equipment recently and the .ie one was cheaper than .co.uk, but for food it seems to be the other way around.

i open them both on different tabs and then compare like for like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I bought dog food off them a few times until their delivery guy decided he didn't want to deliver large breed dog food to a house that might have a large dog in the back garden. He also didn't want to go to the effort of bringing the delivery around to the front door so he dropped it off at a neighbours place (complete strangers to me) and never bothered telling anyone or ringing me. I never dealt with zooplus again after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Hiya, we buy from them all the time, we bought a large guniea pig cage for my old ferret but the old guy wasn't able to get up and down the ramp, I have the cage for sale on the boards pet section and on done deal if your intrested, we paid 140 pounds on zooplus,co.uk a few weeks ago, make me an offer if you intrested you might pick up a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

godtabh wrote: »

I've order lots of fish stuff and rabbit stuff off them

I totally agree with godtabh. The key is to try all the different zooplus sites and buy from which ever one is the cheapest. And if you order over a certain amount of stuff, the delivery is free which means that you don't have to pay extra for heavy items.
    We have bought heaps of stuff from Zooplus including food, cat litter, toys, fountains and cat trees to name but a few. We regularly order our dry food and litter from them and find them really good. The quality of the stuff is great and there is a no-fuss policy of dealing with any queries/problems. They will also deliver to your work address if it's more convenient. Compared to prices for the same stuff here, I save a fortune by ordering from them and save even more again when buying in bulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I agree with this, I got some agility equipment recently and the .ie one was cheaper than .co.uk, but for food it seems to be the other way around.

i open them both on different tabs and then compare like for like :)

Same here. Also I always get the GLS shipping - a few DHL/AnPost ones have gone missing on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I order from the zooplus.co.uk site all the time for our dog food etc. never had a problem. it's worth checking the .ie site now and then to see if it's cheaper but I have found the .co.uk one cheaper.
    Do allow 7 working days for delivery though as it comes from Germany.
    If you order food for example in bulk also order well in advance and in case out of stock make sure there's an alternative you can order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

+1 on the checking all the sites.

I've ordered from .ie, .co.uk, and .fr at different stages, all with great success. There are some items on each one that you can't get on the others. And similar things can vary in price. Don't automatically think the .co.uk will be cheaper.

@bambi, that's an issue with the delivery company, not with zooplus. Did you raise the problem with them?

@bambi, that's an issue with the delivery company, not with zooplus. Did you raise the problem with them?

I paid zooplus a delivery fee so it's an issue with them and their agents.

below was their barely literate responses both sent on the same day..

"We contact you again because GLS informed us that the driver will leave de parcel with your neighbour Mr. Byrn.

Please contact pour neighbour to inform him.

With kindest regards,

Your Service-Team"

"We have received answer from GLS. The driver has confirmed that he is not willing to step onto your property as he is very much afraid of your dogs but has offered to contact you by phone, each time he has a parcel for you. He would then be willing to deliver this parcel to you at the border of your property.
    Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding this incident. We hope that this solution is acceptable for you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bambi wrote: »
    I paid zooplus a delivery fee so it's an issue with them and their agents.

below was their barely literate responses both sent on the same day..

"We contact you again because GLS informed us that the driver will leave de parcel with your neighbour Mr. Byrn.

Please contact pour neighbour to inform him.

With kindest regards,

Your Service-Team"

"We have received answer from GLS. The driver has confirmed that he is not willing to step onto your property as he is very much afraid of your dogs but has offered to contact you by phone, each time he has a parcel for you. He would then be willing to deliver this parcel to you at the border of your property.
    Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding this incident. We hope that this solution is acceptable for you."

Granted, you did pay for the delivery of it, and it should be delivered to you. But again, its the problem with GLS, not zooplus. But should have been rectified better. Then again, do you have large dogs roaming around the house? Not everyone would be comfortable with large dogs roaming free.

The "semi literate" would more than likely be use of a translating site, as English would probably not be their first language, zooplus customer services being French.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

I bought cat food and some accessories from them recently. The package arrived fairly quickly but it was missing one cat toy worth 6euro. I emailed them and asked them to send it. But they just said sorry and sent a refund. When I told them I didn't want a refund and just wanted the item they said

'Be kindly advised that due to logistics reasons we are unable to redeliver the item in question to you. Therefore, we have arranged a refund. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding, and hope you will continue to consider us your first choice in quality pet care. '

Basically they wouldn't pay the postage on the item that they forgot to send. So if I wanted it I would have to pay the 4.90 postage on something that only cost 6euro.

It just seems that it if all gets delivered then its fine but if you actually have a problem with your order then forget it. Also very hard to actually get in contact with them. If they email you its not possible to reply to that email. You have to go back on to their website and send the message from there.

They just annoyed me enough that I wont be doing business with them again. No customer service at all!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

rabbit.84 wrote: »
    I bought cat food and some accessories from them recently. The package arrived fairly quickly but it was missing one cat toy worth 6euro. I emailed them and asked them to send it. But they just said sorry and sent a refund. When I told them I didn't want a refund and just wanted the item they said

'Be kindly advised that due to logistics reasons we are unable to redeliver the item in question to you. Therefore, we have arranged a refund. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding, and hope you will continue to consider us your first choice in quality pet care. '

Basically they wouldn't pay the postage on the item that they forgot to send. So if I wanted it I would have to pay the 4.90 postage on something that only cost 6euro.

It just seems that it if all gets delivered then its fine but if you actually have a problem with your order then forget it. Also very hard to actually get in contact with them. If they email you its not possible to reply to that email. You have to go back on to their website and send the message from there.

They just annoyed me enough that I wont be doing business with them again. No customer service at all!

Something similar happened to me with fish food. It was on special so lost out in the end when all they would do was refund me. But hey at least you got the money back

Granted, you did pay for the delivery of it, and it should be delivered to you. But again, its the problem with GLS, not zooplus. But should have been rectified better. Then again, do you have large dogs roaming around the house? Not everyone would be comfortable with large dogs roaming free.

The "semi literate" would more than likely be use of a translating site, as English would probably not be their first language, zooplus customer services being French.

"Roaming" around the house? What the hell does that mean? No, the dog was locked in a room all day chained up :rolleyes:..of course they "roam" the house, they live there. They don't roam freely around the neighborhood. He was delivering large breed dog food (for an 8 month old akita back then) what the hell did he expect to be in the house..an aviary? I suspect his real problem was that he would have had to carry a bag of dog food around to the front of the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Have previously been happy with Zooplus delivery, but as others have said, when you have a problem, customer service are pants.

I was waiting on delivery of a rat cage that was dispatched on 20th December. I need it urgently for two rescued rats that came in a cage that is too small. I waited and waited knowing there'd be delays over Christmas what with bank holidays etc. Said I'd give it ten working days before I contacted them. When I contacted them today, it turns out GLS lost the package - there's no trace of it. Their semi-automated mail reply gave me two options - refund or reorder - and no apology. So I had to reorder today and now face a further wait of five working days at least. Their customer service is so crummy! Least they could do is offer me a coupon code for discount on my next purchase or something like that. It's really put me off ordering with them again as I need this cage really badly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

boomerang wrote: »
    Least they could do is offer me a coupon code for discount on my next purchase or something like that. It's really put me off ordering with them again as I need this cage really badly!

I've ordered LOADS of stuff off them (I spend 1000 reward points last week lol so that'll give you an idea) and have had 3 packages get lost - all with DHL/An Post so I switched to GLS and haven't had a prob since. The only time they've offered me anything is when one of the packages turned up weeks and weeks later - they offered me 30% off if I wanted to keep the package so I took them up on the offer. A mistake as I ended up with 40 odd chews that mr puppy got to big for lol - at least the dogs up in dogs trust got a treat out of it :)

PS - EGAR if you're reading this I took your advise and our box of toys/kongs/nylabones/collars went to Dogs Aid :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I order loads of stuff with them and have never had a problem. They did once send me the same item twice by mistake and honest fool that I am, I returned one. They did then credit me with the Zooplus points for that item, so I can't complain there!

I ordered stuff on the 22nd of December and it only arrived on Tuesday, you just have to expect that sort of thing with them over Christmas I'm afraid - they're just not good if you're in a hurry. The status of that order never changed from "order is on the way to the destination country" until it had arrived!

But the variety and value for money means I'm willing to put up with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I knew it would take longer than usual to arrive, given I was ordering in the run up to Christmas. But three weeks after the dispatch date ( and three weeks after they charged my credit card) to be told:

Please accept our apologies regarding the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, there are no details available regarding the whereabouts of the parcel.

We will forward a claim for loss to our delivery partner as soon as possible.

Please inform us whether we should arrange for a replacement or refund.

We thank you for your assistance.

With kindest regards,

Your service team

What does it matter to me if they are forwarding a claim for their loss to GLS? Some kind of token of apology for the inconvenience would have gone a long way with me. I have two rats in a hamster cage and they've grown so big now that condensation is forming in the part of the cage where they sleep - it's got to be bad for them. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I had a terrible experience with zooplus. I ordered a dog travel crate because i was planning on moving to the US. When the crate arrived it was broken. I called the company and they sent a replacement. -- No Problem

Then it came to the point of me returning the original. I emailed the company through their online contact form, asking how to go about returning the damaged item. After a week I had no answer so I called them, the person who answered told me that a different department dealt with returns and she transferred my call. There was no answer. This became a weekly ritual, four weeks in a row I emailed and called the company with no luck finding any help. Eventually my moving day came so it was out of my hands. I made the mistake of assuming that it would be forgotten about.

7 months later I got an email from them stating that I owed them the for the damaged crate and the shipping costs. I tried to explain to them that I had made every effort to return the item but their customer service did not respond to any of my emails. Once again, they didn't reply, until 3 weeks later when they sent another invoice for the outstanding balance, this time threatening a €5 per day late charge if I didn't pay the balance. Eventually I got a human to reply to an email and despite explaining that I had tried my best to return the item, and that I was no longer in a position to return the item, they still insisted that I paid up.

At this point I was just tired of trying to deal with them so I gave in and passed on my credit card details for payment. They charged my credit card less that what I owed, and surprise surprise, 3 weeks later I got another invoice for my outstanding balance.

All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to deal with them anymore. They weren't even apologetic about their customer service not responding to emails, or charging my credit card the wrong amount. All they carded about was getting their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

The uk site I have found to be cheaper, because if something is say 20 pounds they give it to you for 20 euro. For some reason they don't change it over.
    I live in a rural area though and delivery is such a pain! It takes them at least two weeks to get to me. At one stage they sent me an email saying the cage I ordered was missing and I could take a refund or reorder. I reordered and ended up with two cages. I kept it and put it to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi

use them all the time but use the english site, is cheaper:) www.zooplus.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

The uk site I have found to be cheaper, because if something is say 20 pounds they give it to you for 20 euro. For some reason they don't change it over.
    I live in a rural area though and delivery is such a pain! It takes them at least two weeks to get to me. At one stage they sent me an email saying the cage I ordered was missing and I could take a refund or reorder. I reordered and ended up with two cages. I kept it and put it to good use.

:eek: How do you manage that? If I ordered something for £20 then they calculate the exchange rate and I get charged 20 something odd euro!

Iv never had any bad experiences with them as such, my gripe with them is their packaging. Sometimes it's brilliant with everything neatly packed in individual boxes, some bubble wrap on top and the box well taped, but other times I have gotten stuff with a giant tear on one side of the box, everything loose bouncing around inside and the brown tape holding it all together just hanging off. Here is a photo of one box I received, it's a miracle nothing was missing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I regularly buy 2 14kg bags of dog food from the.ie site as after the conversion rate on the .co.uk site was like 20cent dearer:), iv bought dog bed and other stuff on it too and never had any problems

Advertisement