Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to running advice needed

Options
  • 13-11-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello everyone,would really appreciate your advice on this. I ran the DCM marathon last year and unfortunately couldn't do this years one as my knee was too weak.I found when went over an hour of running it would start to hurt. It's now fine however.I really want to get back into proper training now and have been working hard at the gym and started swimming to become stronger as my doctor thought my knees were taking too much pressure in run road running and need to strengthen up rest of body. How does treadmill running rate to road running?Like if I do a lot of training on treadmill will I then find it quite tough when go back to running outdoors?Does anyone know any good exercises to strengthen up knees, any ways I can lessen the impact? I have proper runners btw. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Hello,
    You should have put this in the main A/R/T forum to get more responses.
    Anyway, I think you should go to a physio, get some exercises to stregthen the muscles that will help support the knee.

Not sure about the treadmill question. It is harder outside alright but if I was looking to run and take less impact, I'd run on grass.

Advertisement