Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox hanging when downloading

• 13-11-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've done the rounds of the internet this week trying to fix the problem but no luck so far. Just wondering if anyone else had and fixed this problem...

Firefox 3.6.12 hangs (not responding) while downloading fairly large files >200MB
    The download just stops several minutes or seconds before the end. And the only way to fix is force stop Firefox which kills the download. This happens over WiFi and wired. So it's not the internet connection and it happens in different places so it must be the laptop or Firefox. I can use IE (but prefer FF).

I've done all the suggestions on line... cleared the Download history, disabled plugins and extensions.

Is there a setting somewhere that sets the download limit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sounds like it could be one of the Firefox plugins is causing you problems... assuming that you have actually got the space on your hard drive..

Try downloading it with a different browser (google chrome, explorer, opera) and if it works on that, then remove Firefox then download the latest version and reinstall.

Advertisement