Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signal Problem

• 13-11-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I have a twin LNB which runs two tvs, one with a cable run of 20m and the other is about 40m. Both have been working fine for 2 or 3 years. After the wind this week I lost the signal on the TV with the 40m run. The TV with the 20m run is working fine.

I tested the hardware, both LNB outputs, f plugs but still can't get any signal on the longer run. The 40m cable doesn't seem to be damaged. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. The only thing I can think of is that the LNB can't power the longer run any more for some reason. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Should I just get a new LNB?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

It's possible the dish moved slightly and as a consequence there isn't enough signal strength now for the 40m cable, I'd check dish alignment first.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

gtg60 wrote: »
    It's possible the dish moved slightly and as a consequence there isn't enough signal strength now for the 40m cable, I'd check dish alignment first.

If you have a signal meter, that's the easiest way to go. Failing that, most satellite receivers have a menu item where you can view signal strength. Given that you have a picture on the shorter feed that would allow you tweak the dish...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ladder22

Thanks for the replies.

I got it sorted, the dish probably did move a bit. The braided copper wires also got worn out at the f plugs, so I just had to strip back a bit more wire and refit.

Cheers

Advertisement