Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 vs PS3 - CoD Black Ops

Options
  • 13-11-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Comparisons usually have different gamma versions making one version dark and the other version washed out. The gamma in this one is corrected so you can see the other differences more clearly.

Unsuprisingly the two are very similar but the 360 version edges it
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

According to the Digital Foundry face-off, it does more than edge it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What? NO PC COMPARISON?!?!?!?!?!?"£!"£

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

picking straws again are we :rolleyes: that difference in resolution makes the whole difference doesn't it :rolleyes:

guess the ps3 may just be abandoned altogether because when you compare the screen shots there's a slight variation in the resolution and a couple fps that just makes the game horrendously bad

shock horror - i've played both versions and didn't notice any difference - guess I'm just blind and stupid:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    picking straws again are we :rolleyes: that difference in resolution makes the whole difference doesn't it :rolleyes:

guess the ps3 may just be abandoned altogether because when you compare the screen shots there's a slight variation in the resolution and a couple fps that just makes the game horrendously bad

shock horror - i've played both versions and didn't notice any difference - guess I'm just blind and stupid:pac:
    Overreaction much? The DF articles are aimed at two groups of people, those who enjoy reading about the technical breakdowns of each version and those who own both consoles and want to know which is the better version to buy. If you don't fall into either of those categories then there's little point in reading them, let alone getting worked up about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rorkimaru

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Well at no point do I say that the differences are major or that the PS3 version is bad. All I am saying is that if you're choosing between the two get the xbox version because it's a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jim wrote: »
    What? NO PC COMPARISON?!?!?!?!?!?"£!"£

It hardly seems fair, but good old DF have gone and done one!:p
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-comparison-cod-black-ops-pc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Rorkimaru wrote: »
    Well at no point do I say that the differences are major or that the PS3 version is bad. All I am saying is that if you're choosing between the two get the xbox version because it's a bit better.

or whatever one your friends play on, i doubt anyone would choose to go for the xbox/ps3 version of any cod game over such minor differences if their mates all played on the other console.

All these comparsons do is bring out all the little nerd raging fanboys. Whichever console is the lead for multi-platform games usually runs slightly better, most games are developed on the 360. Still.. last game i bought for my 360 was mass effect 2, i dont like the 360 controller and its soooo noisy ! :D

tman wrote: »
    It hardly seems fair, but good old DF have gone and done one!:p
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-comparison-cod-black-ops-pc

Still.... its pretty much the same game, 5 year old £150 console vs a brand new i7 £1500+ system.. awesome :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Magill wrote: »
    Still.... its pretty much the same game, 5 year old £150 console vs a brand new i7 £1500+ system.. awesome :D.

not a big deal for those who can actually afford the best

indough wrote: »
    not a big deal for those who can actually afford the best

Its a shame the "BEST" only gets hand-me down ports from game developers these days tho :) blops mp still unplayable on the PC ? :D

• Advertisement

i dont know i dont play ****e console games

i dont know i dont play ****e console games

what games do you play then ? besides starcraft and wow... there are no PC games these days that arent ports :)

poor attempt at trolling. there are plenty of pc games that arent ports. according to that link this game even plays better on pc, so dont get your knickers in a twist just because your beloved console is a steaming pile of festering years old turd and you cant afford a decent pc. i7 isnt even the best platform for gaming and a brilliant gaming pc can be built for around 600 euro. but please dont let the fact get in the way of blatant console fanboyism.

poor attempt at trolling. there are plenty of pc games that arent ports. according to that link this game even plays better on pc, so dont get your knickers in a twist just because your beloved console is a steaming pile of festering years old turd and you cant afford a decent pc. i7 isnt even the best platform for gaming and a brilliant gaming pc can be built for around 600 euro. but please dont let the fact get in the way of blatant console fanboyism.

Im just counter trolling mate, im all for PC gaming. I just hate the whole PC elitism ****e that people slabber all over this forum.

"ZomG, PC's are soOoOo Much better than consoles... they has a bizzilion Mhz !! and my ram is so Huge !". Shock horror ! A new expensive piece of hardware is much faster than an old piece of hardware.. get over it. You dont like gaming on a console... fine, just dont sit there whining about how much better your PC and assuming that just because someone plays console games on his 50 inch TV with their 7.1 surround sound system that they cant afford a PC... oh.. thats right.. im typing this on my PC.

hold on a minute you are the one who came in here immediately on the defensive and berating pc gaming when nobody had said anything elitist.
    Magill wrote: »

i mean that was so loike the funniest thing ever written on the internet ever loike!

perhaps you should upgrade your pc to a decent one so it can do things other than allow you to post on message boards, or basically whatever it takes for you to get over that penis envy you evidently have for pc gamers.

hold on a minute you are the one who came in here immediately on the defensive and berating pc gaming when nobody had said anything elitist.

i mean that was so loike the funniest thing ever written on the internet ever loike!

perhaps you should upgrade your pc to a decent one so it can do things other than allow you to post on message boards, or basically whatever it takes for you to get over that penis envy you evidently have for pc gamers.

Wait... "not a big deal for those who can actually afford the best" + "i dont know i dont play ****e console games" isnt being elitest... oh im sorry.

:) Just so you know... i play cs:s and have played cs(counterstrike, incase your a noob) since 2002 and quakeworld long before that, i really dont envy my fellow pc gamers mate.

hold on - you made that comment before i said any of those things. do you not get logic or something?

and wow! you played cs a couple of times! your opinion on all things pc related has now been elevated to ultimate status. i mean its not like any of us were playing games on our computers for years before that or anything.

fact is i have seen you making unprovoked comments about pc gaming/gamers on here several times before. and the irony of you coming in here mouthing off about fanboys. unbelievable lulz were had to that one. carry on talking crap though

hold on - you made that comment before i said any of those things. do you not get logic or something?

and wow! you played cs a couple of times! your opinion on all things pc related has now been elevated to ultimate status. i mean its not like any of us were playing games on our computers for years before that or anything.

fact is i have seen you making unprovoked comments about pc gaming/gamers on here several times before. and the irony of you coming in here mouthing off about fanboys. unbelievable lulz were had to that one. carry on talking crap though

Logic ? How is my comment about comparing a 5 year old system to a brand new £1500 PC in any way a fanboy comment? or even half as provoking as your "CONSOLES ARE ****" statement.

More than a few times mate, trust me.. competitive leagues/Irish lans/UK Iseries lans.. anything but casual.

Show me these unprovoked comments. If you do find these comments, its almost certainly to do with someone hijacking a thread about consoles and start yapping about how much better PC gaming is... like this one :) So yeah, back on topic.. PS3 > Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Does anyone realise how boring PC vs Console arguments are? They just go round and round in circles (like this thread has since 1:13 this morning).

Thread closed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Magill there was no need to add that trolling comment. If you ruin a thread like that again I'll start handing out infractions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement