Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Pheasant/Bird Hopper... which one?

Options
  • 13-11-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hello,

when making bird hoppers should i make the spring version or the half pipe version?

ive attached 3 pictures. the one with the ailen phesants is the spring version!

the white hopper is what i am making now, just havent added the spring or pipe yet!

the blue half pipe hopper is one i made years ago, and it seemed to work ok, until some spanner shot it with a rifle! not nice.

what are the pros:) and cons:mad:?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 woodcock 52

Hi, would use spring feeders with blue drums and lid on top, spring should be 17, 18 inches off ground. This will stop vermin getting into feeder, which would be the main problem, with the one you built and some idiot decided to use for target practice!! Have a look at this website http://www.maceoinltd.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 McGuigan

thanks woodcock,

i'll check it out.

Advertisement