Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 13-11-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

What has been the impact of communications technology on retail and has this impact in your opinion, been positive? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,504 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you expecting one of us to write your school project for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Which retail sector? If you are thinking of the communications sector then I would say it has been fairly positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I know myself that its been fairly positive, but need info to back this up. Problem is, I dont have the first clue on where to start searching for this info :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

Seems like a very general question! Start with the basics, almost any aspect of life in general that has been improved by communications technology could be applied to retail. For example, payments have been simplified by CT, where years ago you would have had to bring cash everywhere you can now bring a little piece of plastic that will allow the merchant to receive payment without having to handle large amounts of cash and all the costs that brings, such as security.

A large retailer can have a better idea of what amount of stock they are carrying, and communication technology can allow this to be stored in a central database.

CT (phones, short-distance radios) can allow personnel to communicate with each other quickly and easily.

So as far as the impact on retail, it has made it more efficient and has helped with bringing costs down, so making it a better experience for the customer. Everything in retail is about keeping the customer happy.

Maybe a few of these points can set you on the right path. Google won't answer everything for you unfortunately!

• Advertisement
Advertisement