Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City Vs Liverpool

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Cue eagle eye to defend this

2 nil at Stoke isn't that bad a result, it's a tough place to go, not Roys fault, needs a chance to stamp his philosophy on the team etc etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Torres was outstanding against chelsea but back to his same moping self in the games against the lower teams. That is a disgrace.

Ha ha ha talk about clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Phil Thompson

Sweet baby jesus tell me you're joking! Dalglish in the sort term, Frank Riykard is favourite i think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Torres was outstanding against chelsea but back to his same moping self in the games against the lower teams. That is a disgrace.

Torres got service agaisnt chelsea though,i cant ever blame torres if he hasnt any service,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

he will probably say "that was a marvellous spirited performance by my boys..."

Judging by his face, i'd say this time he'll lay into the players. I want him gone, but the players themselves were a joke out there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Paul Tomkins just tweeted this:
    Carragher was well out of order as he walked down the tunnel. Fans have every right to be angry with him & team after inept performance.

Anybody know what he did??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The funny thing is I have heard pundits tipping Liverpool for 4th in the aftermath of the Chelsea game last week (not in here obviously). Bizarre.

This gif seems a little out of date at this stage. We need to see whats further down that slope. Roy will be gone by next week I'd say.

1285615038922.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

While he doesn't seem happy there, I don't think his performances are his fault.

He's a phenomenal player, one of the best around.

It's an awful squad though, there's only one or two others in the squad who are in his ballpark when it comes to quality.

As great as Torres is, he can't perform miracles.

Benzino wrote: »
    Paul Tomkins just tweeted this:

Anybody know what he did??

Played a short accurate pass to feet :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dalglish wouldn't be a good option as manager, Liverpool fans are delusional in regards to him.

10 years since managing in the Premier League, 15 since he won the league.

I feel that all he would do is tarnish his image as a Liverpool legend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

"Unlucky with the scrappy goal that changed the game, we had to come out and got caught on the break for the second. Red card didn't help, but we had a few chances, Maxi could've made it 1-1 and then we'd all be happy"

etc.

There is absolutely nothing to take from the game. Kyrgiakos was probably Liverpool MOTM. Dalglish at Newcastle was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mixednuts wrote: »
    Cant blame him must be painful to be playing under those fcuking stupid insane tactics and formation .

Thanks Roy but now please quietly fook off !

I'm sorry but he has to keep control of his tackling Roys tactics might not work but it's no excuse for a player to get sent off with two yellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Blaming Torres is very easy but a long ball out from defence every time is too easy for defenders to deal with. Stoke were by far the better team. Cant remember the last time liverpool played the ball on the ground for most of the game. When you have players like maxi, meireles and gerrard why don't we play triangles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can you imagine the media campaign if Hodgson was French or Spanish? Because he's English and mates with the hacks, he'll continue to get an easy ride.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Stoke is a difficult place to go to, that has to be said. Saying that though it was a toothless performance and the second goal was coming from about the 70th minute. Stoke deserved the win and fair play to them but questions have to be asked about 'pool's desire, their big name players were back playing for the cameras and whatever hard work that occured in the previous few weeks just dissapeared. Not good enough really.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson:
    "It's a bad result every time you lose, and it's difficult to give an assessment straight after you've been beaten. When we went 1-0 down we were forced to take some risks and they almost got us back into the game so unfortunately not. Most of today we've defended long throws and long ball forward and balls pumped into your penalty area, so it's a very different game to that against Chelsea. It's a special game, this one. You have to defend stoutly and do more going forward than we did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Taking this and the Wigan result into account, business as usual under Woy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dalglish wouldn't be a good option as manager, Liverpool fans are delusional in regards to him.

10 years since managing in the Premier League, 15 since he won the league.

I feel that all he would do is tarnish his image as a Liverpool legend

I'd say anyone calling for Dalglish as manager would only be talking about it on a caretaking basis while we search for long tern manager who can bring the club forward in their own vision.

Roy is not the future, he is not long term So i hope NESV are on the search for a new manager as we speak.

51zNGdLr4YL.jpg

I'd getting this for RoY FOR XMAS, will post it to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

John Barnes hit nail on head there.....Liverpool are creating nothing with the ball and not putting teams under pressure. Even against Chelsea they were seriously on the back foot in second half.

There is major surgery required with this team, not just in terms of new signings but also mentality, tactics and work-rate.

It's just not good enough on all fronts at this point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What I said at 10.36 this morning

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68998713&postcount=2

Stoke v Liverpool, 17:30, the only thing missing to make this game a total lose for Liverpool is that Setanta are not screening it. Everything is pointing towards a miserable result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

When is the last time Liverpool had a negative goal difference at this stage into the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Why is everyone blamming Hodgson. I know he is the manager but does anyone else think the players, especially the senior players have to take a little responsibilty ?? I dont see any leadership in the Liverpool team on the pitch

Archimedes wrote: »
    When is the last time Liverpool had a negative goal difference at this stage into the season?

196never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

argosy2006 wrote: »
    51zNGdLr4YL.jpg

I'd getting this for RoY FOR XMAS, will post it to him

P45.gif

I think many want to give him this actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

New manager and a new squad. Once we get those, we'll be sorted. It's all so simply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It appears rumours of Liverpools resurgence have been greatly exaggerated :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

joe123 wrote: »
    **** off Berba you troll.

less of the abuse , i cant understand how anyone would wish their team was beaten , get behind em man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

BERBA wrote: »
    less of the abuse , i cant understand how anyone would wish their team was beaten , get behind em man

Less of you please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Archimedes wrote: »

It's the one thing that really drives home just how badly we are doing.

joe123 wrote: »
    Less of you please.

good lad:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

good lad:rolleyes:

Just lol @ you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

anyone think that it might be the players fault and not the manager ?, most of these players underperformed for rafa last season. they just not good enough
    please dont sack him before Nov 28thsmile.gif

No, that poster is right, you are a contradicting ****ing troll.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    No, that poster is right, you are a contradicting ****ing troll.

no matter how bad the players are performing ( which they are) , its only 1 person gonna carry the can and that will be Woy not the players, but please please please dont sack him until Nov 29th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Why November 29th?

EDIT: I love how when you put "Roy Hodgson" into google, the first search suggestion after simply "roy hodgson" is "roy hodgson sacked"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

no matter how bad the players are performing ( which they are) , its only 1 person gonna carry the can and that will be Woy not the players, but please please please dont sack him until Nov 29th

I said it before, the Spurs and Villa games in succession will decide it. If he only gets a point or 2 there, he's gone.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Why November 29th?

EDIT: I love how when you put "Roy Hodgson" into google, the first search suggestion after simply "roy hodgson" is "roy hodgson sacked"

haha,

this stuff is just lol

but serious, what were the board of directors smoking when they hired woy for the post...

pineapple express?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

NESV dont seem like the type of people who will put up with a losing manager for too long, I reckon if we are not improving by January, Roy will be gonzo
    John Henry has said he also aknowledges that Roy inherited most of this team he has at his disposal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

**** performance by a **** team on the day.

Seriously, they all need a good kick up the hole. One day they are playing good, pushing up the pitch etc. etc...... then all of a sudden THIS? Back to where they started..
    We deserved to lose today and did it well.

Exellent result if you want to finish bottom half of table.

NESV should be looking around. Because imo no point in given Roy money to buy players that wont fit into another managers plans. Just wasting cash. Install new manager at Xmas, give him money and time and then we can take things serious.

:rolleyes:

5172274553_586a204558_b.jpg

:rolleyes:

5172274553_586a204558_b.jpg

Your posts are pathetic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Your posts are pathetic

of course they are mr superior, my apologies

Advertisement