Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Mancini and City done?

• 13-11-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Someone had to do it at some stage! ;)

It's the 83rd minute, you're drawing 0-0 at home against a side that hasn't won away in eight months and you need a goal.

Do you -

a) take off one of your 15 defensive minded players and bring on a striker?

or

b) take of your talisman, captain and most likely goalscoring in favour of another one of the aforementioned defensive minded players?

You'd think it's a no brainer.

15 goals so far this season.

Wins over Chelsea and Liverpool merely gloss over what has been an horrible start to the year perform wise from easily the most boring team to watch in the league.

Hughes was sacked from this position last year so consistency would suggest that Bobby is on his last legs.

Will the Arabs cut their losses and fuck him off? Or will they allow the club continue to take on the world with their own brand of anti football?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mancini should've gone last May having been pipped to 4th spot

Mancini is done at City.

Too negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Sack him, he is a clown. Mark Hughes was bad with his rank signings but at least he tried to win games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This result has cost me my participation in a Last Man Standing competition. Mancini has to go for that alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Thread title has been done to death, rephrase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to appear!going on previous form he will be sacked ,at least with hughes ye played decent football.hughes big fault was he made a lot of poor signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

What a stupid thread, but a mod made it so it'll stay up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

No Poll!
    I think he has untill Christmas to see if he makes any more progress then they will be seriously looking at replacing him

As an Arsenal fan, keep him! No one else better at taking points off the other "big four"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Hopefully not. I love what he has done at the club tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

He's going soon and he knows it. Those Arabs don't wait around, they want instant success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a stupid thread, but a mod made it so it'll stay up :D

1) Why is it stupid? All the 'big' clubs have had one.

2) I'm not a mod.

3) I'm sure you know where the report post button is.

4) If you don't like what see then gtfo and don't read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

baldbear wrote: »
    He's going soon and he knows it. Those Arabs don't wait around, they want instant success.

Strike oil or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

But who do you replace him with? Man city are one of the worst teams to watch and tbh i love it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

This is what happens when businessmen interfere with football. Sacking hughes was a disgrace, fortunes thrown macini's way. And playing donkeys over adam johnson most of the season.(yes, some fantasy football biterness :D).

You were better off with sven xavi (and crazy as it sounds, you havent replaced what steven ireland gave that team in midfield).

baldbear wrote: »

they might get this in the europa league:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I'm on KRAC* after watching that game.

*Keep Roberto At City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I presume he has a say in what players are bought and whilst his team as is would probably clean up in his homeland he's got to realise this ain't Italy Bobby!

I mean City do have some decent attacking threats in Tevez, Silva and Johnson but the under use of Adam Johnson in particular is criminal. Even the other strikers aren't bad; Adebayor and Ballotelli especially could be superstars if you played to their strengths.

City are basically lacking someone like Wes Sneijder or Mezzy Ozil.

I mean count up what's been spent on Defensive talents;

Lescott ~£20m
    Toure ~£15m
    Yaya ~£30m

Off the top of my head. You can add Boateng, De Jong, Barry, Given, Kolorov to that too. Should comfortably clear the £100m mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Xavi6 wrote: »
    1) Why is it stupid? All the 'big' clubs have had one.

2) I'm not a mod.

3) I'm sure you know where the report post button is.

4) If you don't like what see then gtfo and don't read it.

If i was being serious I would have used :rolleyes: not :D

It was clearly a joke although your pea-sized brain may not have been able to decipher that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The Adebayor substitution the other night was very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I think he should be gone. He spent £135 million or thereabouts since he came in and he has the same total of points that Mark Hughes had this time last year.

I'm happy that its been shown how stupid it was to sack Mark Hughes.

daithijjj wrote: »
    This is what happens when businessmen interfere with football. Sacking hughes was a disgrace, fortunes thrown macini's way. And playing donkeys over adam johnson most of the season.(yes, some fantasy football biterness :D).

You were better off with sven xavi (and crazy as it sounds, you havent replaced what steven ireland gave that team in midfield).

Johnson had a chance today and he was anonymous. He's not innocent in all this either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Trampas

I think the problem is he doesn't understand the english game.

you don't need a couple of holding midfielders when playing at home against the middle to lower division teams as they will hardly attack you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With players like Tevez, Johnson, Silva, Balotelli and Milner, Mancini's negativity is criminal. They could be sensational. Being cagey away from home is one thing, at home against a mid table side is another.

If i was being serious I would have used :rolleyes: not :D

It was clearly a joke although your pea-sized brain may not have been able to decipher that.

Don't give up the day job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Mancini's clearly not going to change his style, and in this league that "style" does'nt get you anywhere! It'll keep you safe i assume! If ur a bottom 5 team but it certainly won't cut it when vying for Champs League spots!

TBH i don't think its a case of are City and Cini done... More a case of who next! Disappointing indeed, as a City fan all i want is someone we can stick with for more than 2 years. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

When looking for a goal, i would make sure i have 4+ strikers on the pitch and play high up the pitch to get a goal. Even make sure your defenders get forward. What is the point of just accepting a point at home without going for it?

He has a wealth of attacking talent but is afraid/does'nt know how to use them.they are crying out for an playmaker/attacking midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Johnson had a chance today and he was anonymous. He's not innocent in all this either.

Too late for mancini xavi. He was clearly a great creative asset and mancini started him 3 times in the first 12 games or something. I think we both know there are also plenty of lads in the squad happy to pick up the massive cheque, turn up and then put in nowhere near what a player like tevez puts in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

We all knew he was a defensive style manager when City signed him. When you signed Yaya Toure I knew that people would think he would make a big difference. The only attacking players they have are wingers like Johnson or strikers like Adebayor.

Who on the market will bring a better attacking style and get you 4th place? I don't know myself.

Who on the market will bring a better attacking style and get you 4th place? I don't know myself.

Juande Ramos?

We all knew he was a defensive style manager when City signed him. When you signed Yaya Toure I knew that people would think he would make a big difference. The only attacking players they have are wingers like Johnson or strikers like Adebayor.

The players are there. It's the tactics that are killing us.

IMO he needs to go with a forward two with Silva in the hole behind. Adebayor deserves more of a chance, and if not him then Balotelli up front with Tevez.

De Jong can hold in the middle with Johnson and Milner out wide. Easy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

MONg is available, he'd defo be worth a punt. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    MONg is available, he'd defo be worth a punt. :p

You Villa fans are on crack tbf, I would take MON at City in a fúckin heartbeat. I honestly do think he would do a great job with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

karma_ wrote: »
    You Villa fans are on crack tbf, I would take MON at City in a fúckin heartbeat. I honestly do think he would do a great job with us.

Haha, be careful wtf you wish for. We played the same football for 4 years, bottled 4th place 2 years in a row.

• Advertisement

I can see it now - "Heskey knocks it down to Tevez".

I'll pass thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

milner is wasted on the wing

theres another one who gobbled up the myth

its actually disheartening when you think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I can see it now - "Heskey knocks it down to Tevez".

I'll pass thanks.

It might be sh!t on a stick but the league table has ye 4th (3 clear of mighty Bolton) which is your and I think Citys aim for the season. Odds are Mancini will deliver 4th spot so I was to say to you 4th with Mancini is yours but the football will be similar to today are you happy with that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

jaykay74 wrote: »
    It might be sh!t on a stick but the league table has ye 4th (3 clear of mighty Bolton) which is your and I think Citys aim for the season. Odds are Mancini will deliver 4th spot so I was to say to you 4th with Mancini is yours but the football will be similar to today are you happy with that ?

I'm happy with it but it seems I'm in the minority!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Helix wrote: »
    Yep. Milner carried to Villa team for the majority of last season in centre midfield last season.

The players are there. It's the tactics that are killing us.

IMO he needs to go with a forward two with Silva in the hole behind. Adebayor deserves more of a chance, and if not him then Balotelli up front with Tevez.

would agree with Xavi,if you look at the squad city have Mancini can have no excuses.he has the players to play attacking football but his tactics are way too defensive.
    At home city should be lining up like this imo:
    Hart
    Boateng Toure Kompany Kolarov
    NDJ
    ---Milner
    johnson
    Silva
    Tevez
    Adebayor

Helix wrote: »

I agree and if we continue with one up front then the midfield three at the mo should be De Jong, Miner and Silva.
    jaykay74 wrote: »

I can't watch this crap for another 7 months. We are in 4th but we're going backwards and would be out of the top six by Christmas if this keeps up.

I wouldn't say the odds are Mancini will get 4th anyway. Spurs are easily better equipped right now. Obviously if we do get that spot thanks to anti football I'll be happy but it'll still be tainted by a season of dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Mancini hasn't shown a new attitude (with results) he'll be gonski in January. I'll suggest his replacement will be one of the usual suspects - Rightguard, Hiddink, Jol etc.

Yep. Milner carried to Villa team for the majority of last season in centre midfield last season.

bizarre signing paying so much for him only to play him on the wing. as a signing its only worth the money if he's played in the middle. based on wing play, we've got a player 5 times as good in albrighton already

baffles me what mancini signed him for if hes going to keep playing him there, there wouldve been much better cheaper options available

Hiddink would be the standout manager to take over but did'nt he just take over the turkish job

I'm happy with it but it seems I'm in the minority!!!

Can I ask what you're happy about? Did you see the game today?

Happy to be in 4th
    Happy to have drawn and not lost
    Happy to not concede any goals.......

Obv, i'd prefer to win and get the 3 pts but I'm happy at the moment where we are in the table....

Tbh, I'd rather City didn't have all the cash and fans could get back to supporting City through the good and the bad. Only my opinion and certainly isn't up for a debate on whether it's right or wrong:)

Happy to be in 4th
    Happy to have drawn and not lost
    Happy to not concede any goals.......

At home to Birmingham who haven't won away from home in eight months.

Surely you have to be aspiring to better than that?
    Obv, i'd prefer to win and get the 3 pts but I'm happy at the moment where we are in the table....

Indeed the table doesn't lie but we've ridden our luck numerous times already this year. I've seen every minute of every game and the football is horrific.
    Tbh, I'd rather City didn't have all the cash and fans could get back to supporting City through the good and the bad. Only my opinion and certainly isn't up for a debate on whether it's right or wrong:)

Nobody's saying it's wrong but I can't believe you'd be ok with going back to being the plucky 'everyone's second favourite team' club we were for years.

And we are still supporting the club through good and bad. Today was bad.

Your probably right Xavi but tbh I'm sick and tired of all the criticism about City. It's doin' my head in so am a little defensive about the whole situation at the moment.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement