If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is slick - ideal speaker system for iPad/Phone & Pod'ers

Options
  • 13-11-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

This is the best Speaker Dock I've seen for a long time.

Great for iPadders, iPodder and iPhoners...

The new PHILIPS DS8550 Fidelio Dock

DS8550_10-IMS-global?wid=430&hei=430&$jpglarge$
    Brief run down on its features
    It will handle all iphones up to the 4th gen
    All Ipods with Dock connector and naturally enough the iPad varients

Its pumps out 15watts per channel and is very meaty sounding.
    You get a little remote control with it to contol it and your ipod when docked.

It will charge your iDevices (i'll trade mark that phrase i think:)) when docked.

Also, and this is cool, it has a built in battery that once charged will give up to 5 hours of sound before needing to be recharged...no more spending a fortune on batteries.

You can dock your Ipod/pads/phones directly and take advantage of the digital audio feed from the dock connector for improved sound quality compared to the usual analogue feeds that most docks run of.

You can also send your music wirelessly via BLUETOOTH which is a nice touch, especially if playing games on your iPad:D

The DS8550 comes with a little external stand for your iPad so if you are watching a video you can place it in the Landscape format (on its side!) and send the audio direct to the DS8550.

Its full spec is here
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/d/ds8550_10/ds8550_10_pss_eng.pdf

You can pick this Speaker Dock up for only €249.99

As ever its on display so please feel free to bring your iPad/Pod/Phone in and have a blast - or we can subject you to a demo from ours.

Cheers
    Ash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Should have mentioned that if you download the FIDELIO app onto your iPad/pod/phone you can control the volume of the DS8550 direct from your device so will save juggling remotes.

It will also give you access user adjustable and Preset EQ settings as well that cant be access from the remote.

this app is FREE and you are prompted to down load it when you first dock into the DS8550

atb
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

Looks pretty cool Ash.

Being looking for something like this for a while so think I may have to pick myself up one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Call on in and have listen, I reckon You'll like it
    cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.