Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get from Drumcondra to UCD?

Options
  • 13-11-2010 6:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What is the best bus route to get from Drumcondra to UCD, and vice versa?

I know the 11 is probably the obvious choice, but what other options are there? I know the 11a goes on Roebuck Road, which is convenient, but does it actually stop there? (There is a bus stop outside the Roebuck Pedestrian Entrance, but there are no routes marked on it).

Is the 3 any good? It starts/finishes in UCD, but it takes a very roundabout route to get to Drumcondra?

Has anyone made this trip before - which is the best bus to get? There's always the option of getting any bus from Drumcondra to the city centre, and then getting 46a/39a/145 etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The 11/a stop outside the Wynnsward drive entrance to UCD on Roebuck road. The 11b goes right onto campus, but if you happen to turn up at a bus stop and find one making its way towards you, you might think about buying a lotto ticket that day.

The fastest way will probably be to get a bus to Naussau street from Drumcondra, then grab a 145, 46a or 39a from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

having lived in drumcondra for a year before my best advice is cycle. seriously it will halve the time it takes to get there and its free!

other than that you could walk to o connell st and get a 46a/145, or get a bus to o connell and do the same. unless you have the bus pass getting the 11 is probably a better option but having missed entire lectures waiting for the cnuting thing i understand your pain

also bus to nassau and get a 39a sounds good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the answers! Do you happen to know which buses link Drumcondra and Nassau street? Thanks!

With regards to the 11a, I was wondering does it stop outside the Roebuck Castle (School of Law) Pedestrian Entrance. There are bus stops each side of the road, but there are no routes marked on them and I always assumed they were for Route 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

17 and 11A both stop there.

Advertisement