Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Casualties :(`

Options
  • 13-11-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Well woke up this morning to by dwarf Gourami dead and half eaten! The mini angelfish was also dead but looks like it just died a few minutes before I saw it. I did some readings in the tank and all levels were fine. I changed 30% of the water just to be on the safe side. Should I do another 30% tomorrow or something? All fish seem fine, cant see the cory's though as they are hiding in the caves!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what did you test for?

any ideas what may have killed them apart from water conditions?
    Other fish, stress for some reason, other?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate, all normal, i.e. 0 etc.

Yeah the male molly is a bit mental sometimes but I doubt there was anything too stressful in the tank. They seemed to eat as well so not sure if it was a hunger thing. Bloody disturbing seeing a half eaten corpse! I'll keep an eye on the readings daily and see if there are any spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

possibly chlorine from water changes? though I wouldn't have though it would be too bad with a bit of care. temp and ph ok?

other than that I couldn't really say, dunno that much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

Have kept an eye on the tank the last few days, did tests daily and all levels were fine. might have just been one of those natural causes that coincidently happened to two fish at the same time!

Advertisement