Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken in mustard and blue cheese sauce

Options
  • 13-11-2010 6:57pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For dinner tonight I had the above, made from:

1 breast of chicken,
    2 celery stalks, half an onion, 3 spring onions, 5 mushrooms
    grated giner
    grated wicklow blue cheese
    half a glass of white SA wine,
    1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
    2 teaspoons of french mustard
    lots of black pepper, small amount of salt
    fair amount of rosemary
    small knob of butter

It turned out reasonably well, except for the colour, which was a yellowish green. I assume the green from the spring onions, celery and herbs gave it that colour, as there was nothing else green put in.

Is there any way to avoid it going a bit green without putting e.g. cream in? Not that I have anything against cream, but I don't use it much and it always seems like a waste to buy it for one meal. Milk would most likely curdle with the wine

Any tips or suggestions would be gratefully welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would think the cheese may have something to do with the colour too. Might be worth trying something other than blue cheese and see if it helps.

Advertisement