Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overclocking computers

• 13-11-2010 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello all... new to boards.ie :)

does anyone know of any company or any guy in limerick that does PC OC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

I doubt any company will do it as when your PC inevitably kicks the bucket due to the overheating the overclocking caused then you could hold them responsible and demand they replace the PC.

Why not google it and do it yourself? usually all thats involved is sticking in a bunch of extra fans, then upping the modifier in the BIOS and on the graphics card, there are programs out there for doing it for you like RivaTuner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CaptainChing

hi thanks for the fast replay. i have google alot about OC but i just cant get my pc stable. its a alienware pc so there shouldn't be any problem in OC it cause its got liquid cooling the lot to OC it. its just i cant seem to get the voltages right to get it stable thats my big problem..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hi CaptainChing, the computer Tweaking & Modding Forum could help you out big time here. I think they even have a specific sub-forum for overclocking. Check it out anyway, hopefully you'll get the advice you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CaptainChing

thanks for this link Insect Overlord will into it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

You could try having a chat with the lads in MCS computers on Parnell Street in the same set of buildings as the credit union, Its the one with all the computers in the Window, They might have a bit of information on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement