Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flashing problem >> please help

• 13-11-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

I'm having bother with my xbox, it's going to give me a heart attack yet lol.

Basically, it's a Samsung MS-28 - It had been flashed before with iXtreme 1.6.1 and was putting LT on it.

Plugged it into my xbox, powered it up and removed the power cable quickly leaving the tray open, then switched the sata cable to the one of my computer and opened jungleflash.

Intro'd it and it went to vendor mode - then clicked read and it gave me an error saving Unknown Flash type - Read aborted.

that's about as far as I have got, the xbox has since powered off and the drive has gone off (I presume it has a timer or something)

part 2>> I restarted the xbox with the av cable to stop it turning itself off, I clicked read on my computer and it read the banks and picked it up as a Liteon :O when it's a samsung?

it then said loading firmware from buffer
    parse failed!

I really do hope I haven't bricked it, I haven't yet clicked erase or write though.

any ideas?

kev

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

can you post your jungleflasher logs cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

as requested:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JungleFlasher 0.1.75 Beta (152)

Session Started Sat Nov 13 18:24:31 2010

This is a 32 bit process running on 2 x 32 bit CPUs 

portio32.sys Driver Installed 

portio32.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom ! 

Found 4 I/O Ports.

Found 1 Com Ports.

Found 3 windows drives C: D: E:

Found 1 CD/DVD drives D:

Drive type Un-determined

Drive type Un-determined

Drive type Un-determined

Attempting to disable D:\

Done!

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0x0170

Serial flash found with Status 0x72

Sending Device ID request to port 0x0170

Manufacturer ID: 0x0

Device ID: 0x0

Flash Name:  Unknown type

Flash Size:  n/a

Unknown flash type Read aborted !

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0x0170

Sending Device ID request to port 0x0170

Manufacturer ID: 0x0

Device ID: 0x0

Flash Name:  Unknown type

Flash Size:  n/a

Getting Status from port 0x0170

Reading Bank 0: ................

Reading Bank 1: ................

Reading Bank 2: ................

Reading Bank 3: ................

Lite-On Dump file saved to Lite-OFW.bin

Loading firmware from buffer

Parse Failed !

Loading MTK_Flash source file 

Getting Status from port 0x0170

Reading Bank 0: ................

Reading Bank 1: ................

Reading Bank 2: ................

Reading Bank 3: ................

Lite-On Dump file saved to Lite-OFW.bin

Loading firmware from buffer

Parse Failed !

Loading MTK_Flash source file 

I just realised that my normal DVD drive for the computer is no longer appearing under the control panel, and that when I plugged the sata cable out for the 360 and pressed read it still read the banks, does this mean that I accidently attempted to flash my computers dvd drive?

if so, it was the only one appearing under the I/O port listing even though the samsung drive is plugged in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeah, that's never a good sign.

Why are you swapping SATA cables at all?

The setup goes SATA from xbox 360 drive to VIA card (or motherboard if that supports it). And power from your CK3 or xbox 360 console. You should not need to intro the drive at all unless it has no firmware on it. It should appear automatically when you start Jungleflasher. If you have checked all the ports and it isn't showing up you can try reboot the PC with the drive still powered and connected to the SATA on the card/mobo. If that doesn't work then your SATA controller might not be JF compatible.

Yeah, that's never a good sign.

Why are you swapping SATA cables at all?

The setup goes SATA from xbox 360 drive to VIA card (or motherboard if that supports it). And power from your CK3 or xbox 360 console. You should not need to intro the drive at all unless it has no firmware on it. It should appear automatically when you start Jungleflasher. If you have checked all the ports and it isn't showing up you can try reboot the PC with the drive still powered and connected to the SATA on the card/mobo. If that doesn't work then your SATA controller might not be JF compatible.

I thought the open/close information was sent through the sata cable, since the button is actually on the xbox itself but it appears the button functions without the sata cable which means it must be activated without.

I have a desktop PC, and I plugged the sata cable directly into the mobo (it might be the case where it's not supported by it?)

also, is there a way to get my PC drive out of vendor mode (shall I press outro/ata reset),

much appreciated as always,

Kevin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

To get the DVD drive to open/close, one of the lines on the power connector (the one that's on it's own) is temporarily grounded - it has nothing to do with the data cable.

If you didn't flash your DVD drive you could try an Outro/Reset. To be honest you should have known better than to try read it/intro it if your console drive is a Samsung and you JF reported the drive on the port as being a LiteOn. Or when it said it was unmounting D:\ (which is presumably the letter of the DVD drive in your computer) :p

Have you tried other ports on your motherboard? Have you tried rebooting the computer with the DVD drive powered on and the SATA hooked up to the mobo?

horray! flashed my xbox with iXtreme lt :)

restarted my computer & the drive kicked in, outro'd my pc drive and used windows to troubleshoot it and now it appears to be fully functioning.

thanks to the above for the help, i deed it!

Advertisement