Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misty floyd Training Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Sun 16th Jan
    10 ugly miles at an easy pace. I had a bit of a hangover and didn't properly digest a chicken bagette. Had to walk a couple of times to belch. Manky but glad to get a run done. I never run when I'm hungover and I should stay away from white bread.

Week summary
    Mon: 10m @ 7.38m/m
    Tues: 7x400m (6m total)
    Wed: Rest day
    Thurs: 8.3m easy
    Fri: 3m easy
    Sat: 10km windy race (38'14 PB). 8.5m covered today.
    Sun: 10m easy/recovery

Total for week: 45.8m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

nice going on the race and PB Misty, well done :)

Thanks tno.

Mon 17th JanRest day. I was dead tired and had tons of stuff to do.

Tues 18th Jan
    A half session on the cards today.
    3m warm up
    4x800m @ ~ 5.45m/m. Decent recovery timewise (2-3mins) but the recovery wasn't slow.
    cool down (8m total)

The reason we did a half session is a couple of us are doing a 10km in Wexford on Saturday. Wanna be fresh for it. This is my last blow out as my stag is the weekend after and wedding and honeymoon are coming up over the following weeks. So my last race until I'm fat again for Craughwell 10m on March 20th. My last race as a single man :(:eek::confused::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You get better when you get married.

Think it's because yee start to train more to get away from the nagging! :pac:

You get better when you get married.

Think it's because yee start to train more to get away from the nagging! :pac:

ha ha maybe thats why there are so many married men hanging out at running clubs. I'm gonna start doing doubles and I might start training for ultra's or even 24hr races. That'll get me out of the house :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

So my last race until I'm fat again for Craughwell 10m on March 20th.

I thought you had decided against craughwell?

tunguska wrote: »
    I thought you had decided against craughwell?

Yeah I'm just gonna run it for the fun of it. I could pace someone to sub 70 (not sure if that will be even possible). Really its just for that food afterwards.

Wed 19th Jan
    Very busy day so a late night 4m easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Nice to meet you at training on Tuesday. Good luck on the weekend. B.

stmochtas wrote: »
    Nice to meet you at training on Tuesday. Good luck on the weekend. B.

Ah nice one Stmochtas! and good to meet you too. You should have given the 800's a shot. I know your getting back into it though. Might catch you on the track on Tuesday.

Thurs 20th Jan
    5m easy

Fri 21st Jan
    Rest day for race

Sat 22nd Jan
    Ballycarney (wexford) 10km
    Myself and two clubmates drove down and had a great laugh at this one.

I think about 120 people turned up. Really well organised and good banter. Off we went in the cold and after a v small hill we were downhiill for a bit. My opening mile was 5.41.......a good bit on the fast side and not what was planned (6m/m). I took the foot off the gas a bit and mile 2 was 5.59. This was feeling almost right and I kept the same effort for the next mile (downhill) and clocked a 5.50. It was an out and back course over undulating hills but it was a fair course as the rises where short and the downhill bits were a nice reward. A good course for a PB....at least quicker than last weeks PB in the park and conditions today were perfect.

Came to 5km and checked my watch. I think it was about 18.14 which would be a PB for me. At this point, we had to run on grass for about 40m and the change in surface was a little tough and I lost concentration. I was overtaken by a guy that I would battle it out with over the next 5km's. He wasn't keeping a steady pace and it was kind of annoying but really he was dragging me around. I was bolloxed by 6km, counting each one down and doing my best to be positive. I was fading a bit and felt like I would throw up during the 8th Km. Miles 4/5/6 were 6.05/6.00/5.58. The last secion (0.22m) was at 5.53 pace.

36.55 and a big PB, I'm delighted with that. I came 9th and the other lads were top 10 also. Great stuff.

I'll do this race again next year. We had Tea, sambo's, chicken and sausages back in the pub afterwards and a raffle were most people seemed to win something small. Some great characters there. Cost €5!!! Well done and thank you Slaney AC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Congrats on the PB Misty, great job.
    You'llbe under 36 by spring/summer

Good going misty, I was thinking of going down to that one, sorry I didn't get the chance now. Sounds like it's worth making the effort for next year.

Also, it was icy on Thursday and my ankle hurt so I couldn't go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

well done, thats a very good time mate!

ive knocked a few races on the head in an attempt to get right :(

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Congrats on the PB Misty, great job.
    You'llbe under 36 by spring/summer

Thanks Speedy. I'm afraid I'll be going backwards by next week but come the summer I hope to be were I'm at now and then push on. I'm learning to be patient. No doubt you'd be sub 36 yourself at the moment (despite the recent 10km not going your way).

Good going misty, I was thinking of going down to that one, sorry I didn't get the chance now. Sounds like it's worth making the effort for next year.

Also, it was icy on Thursday and my ankle hurt so I couldn't go. :(

Cheers RQ. Its worth it alright, I hope it doesn't get too big. Think I saw you running on Wednesday evening with a bag on your back. You must have been coming home from work, up the road from Heuston. My binoculors aren't the best but I have some decent pictures :D
    seanynova wrote: »
    well done, thats a very good time mate!

ive knocked a few races on the head in an attempt to get right :(

Cheers Sean. This running lark really is all about peaks and troughs. What was meant to be a constructive January for you.......... Good call knocking the races, its kind of playing with fire when injured. Keep thinking of the prize of that Carlsberg weekend: Graduation/30th/DCM PB!

Sun 23rd Jan
    7.8m @ 7.15m/m
    Meant to be a recovery run but I went out with my neighbour who never runs easy. Not that hard at all and enjoyed the banter.

Total for week: 31.8m

Cheers RQ. Its worth it alright, I hope it doesn't get too big. Think I saw you running on Wednesday evening with a bag on your back. You must have been coming home from work, up the road from Heuston. My binoculors aren't the best but I have some decent pictures :D

That was indeed myself. It was obviously my awesomeness you noticed first!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

Cheers Sean. This running lark really is all about peaks and troughs. What was meant to be a constructive January for you.......... Good call knocking the races, its kind of playing with fire when injured. Keep thinking of the prize of that Carlsberg weekend: Graduation/30th/DCM PB!

thats what it will all come down to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just seen your time, great stuff.

36.55 and a big PB

Man thats almost 90 seconds off what you did in the park last week. Whats going on there???

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

Well Done on the plan man -

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Thats serious running Misty....Well done son :)

• Advertisement

Thanks folks!
    Man thats almost 90 seconds off what you did in the park last week. Whats going on there???

The hills and the wind last week. That race stepped me up a gear or something. Dying today, I was out with Graham last night. Silly carry on.

Dying today, I was out with Graham last night. Silly carry on.

He's some Buachaill. I thought all the lads were "In training" for this weekend? Was talking to Davy D, apparently he's off the sauce for good. A changed man after a night out that cost him 1200quid. I was gutted to hear he's not going. If there was one man guaranteed to make things interesting it was Davy.
    Anyway good run my friend. If you lose that momentum you have going for you I'll kick your ass. Nothing less than sub 2:50 will do in October.

cheers dude.
    If you lose that momentum you have going for you I'll kick your ass. Nothing less than sub 2:50 will do in October.

I'm already loosing that momentum:

Log update:
    A poxy stressful busy week. I had a hangover on Monday that turned into some kind of bug. By Tuesday I was fooked, getting sick and just feeling run down. Anyway, still not the best and I need to be in good nick for my stag this weekend but what can you do.
    No running since Sunday and none until Monday or Tuesday. Thats life.

I keep hearing a certain "chant" over and over in my head..........funny sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Great racing lately, and a savage PB, well done.

Enjoy the stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

+1 just saw the 10K PB. Great time!

Jasus, I haven't been in here in ages. I've been sick for over 2 weeks now. Got over some kind of bug and went on my stag, which was very hard work (but great fun) and then I caught a really bad cold which I can't shake. Its in the chest too, not too bad but not good enough to run. Note to self: never take sudafed during the day in work. zzzzzzzzzzzz
    I keep hearing a certain "chant" over and over in my head..........funny sh1t.

The simple ones are the best. Some crack man. The funniest weekend I've ever had I'd say. Never laughed so much.

Don't think I'll be running until the weekend.....sure I don't think I'll be running then either. See you at the wedding Eoin. Have fun.

Goodbye cruel world!!

Best of luck Andy. God love that poor girl! :pac:

Best of luck Andy. God love that poor girl! :pac:

ha ha Cheers! I know between rotten farts, leaving snot rags all over the shop and leaving smelly running clothes hanging on door handles, she must be nuts.

• Advertisement

Don't think I'll be running until the weekend.....sure I don't think I'll be running then either. See you at the wedding Eoin. Have fun.

I was planning on arriving in Clane pretty early and going for an easy run. Why not tag along, we can have a pre-wedding chat.

Advertisement