Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misty floyd Training Log

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Speedy44 wrote: »
    nice going Misty. Like you said, the effort is what its all about.
    The times will definitely fall.

You could always do hill reps on Heartbreak Hill in Boston to keep you honest :-)

+1 the comeback is on track. Wind didnt help today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Cheers lads.
    Nah I didn't have sub 30 in me yesterday regardless of wind......I'd say. Its cool though and yes I am getting back and the times will come down....

......or will they...........I've picked up an injury that gave me a lot of trouble last summer (although not as bad now). Nerve tension in my right leg (around the hamstring/glute area). Its painful to walk on and I've had it for a few days but yesterday made it a lot worse. That and a shoulder injury that I don't want to winge about.

Speedy, I must check out where heartbreak hill is. I'm staying in south Boston anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

fair play to ya on an all out effort ! aiming for sub-30 myself at the next opportunity , street of galway is a good one for this, in August , very flat , fast course with a good field of runners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Good job yesterday dude. That was proper honest racing, you didnt back down, drop off or quit. You did yourself proud.

Seres wrote: »
    fair play to ya on an all out effort ! aiming for sub-30 myself at the next opportunity , street of galway is a good one for this, in August , very flat , fast course with a good field of runners

Cheers Seres. Hmmm Galway, I love Galway but I think I'll be doing the 5miler from the race series and if I am doing the marathon, I won't be doing much races. Haven't checked your log in a while. I take it the injuries must be well gone.
    tunguska wrote: »
    Good job yesterday dude. .

Cheers for that.
    Mon 17th May
    Rest day. My hamstring was sore all day and I had ****ty DIY to do in the attic. Wrecked myself doing that, I should have gone for a run instead. Spent hours running sattelite cables in and around the attic only to realise right at the end that the cable wasn't long enough :mad: I wouldn't mind but I'm mad busy.

Tues 18th May
    Pissed off and sore today, I was dreading a run. First few miles were slow and the hammer was annoying me. After hitting some wee hills my legs woke up and I couldn't feel the hamstring at all. I was really enjoying it and feeling great. Ended up doing 14.2 miles in 7'35 m/m. Longest I've run in a while. I think I need to be getting more of these in. Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

savage long run yesterday,how can you go to rest day and sore hamstring to 14miles @ 7.35 pace haha. EPO???:eek:

Wed 19th May
    6m easy I think, can't remember.

Thurs 20th May
    Early morning run.
    4x1m at ~ 6.13m/m with 90seconds recovery. ~ 7.5m total
    I was hoping for quicker times but my legs were asleep, last one was slower.
    Flight to Boston.

Fri 21st May
    Round of golf. No time or energy to run today. Mad busy for wedding next day and a speech to get right.

Sat 21st May
    Another rest day. Very busy and drained from time difference/lack of sleep. Great day though.

Sun 22nd May
    Hungover. Don't care.

Mon 23rd May
    Stuck in a hotel right by logan airport and motorways so 8m on a treadmill. Enjoyed it actually.

Tues 24th May
    4m warm up (ran to a college track that was closed but found one open to the public)
    10 x 400s nearly all of them were at 78seconds. After the first one, I noticed I did something to my achillies. Carried on and when finished was in a good bit of pain.
    8.5m total.

Wed 25th May
    Put the gear on and I just couldn't run. Achillies was fooked.

Thurs 26th May
    Anxious to get back into things I went out and ran 5.5m into wind in pain. Really dumb thing to do.

Can't and haven't run since. Its hurting just to walk, it hurts just when I push away. I did try to go out but I had to turn around. With jet lag and feeling crap after eating and drinking all week I could do with a few runs to get into the swing of things but its not going to happen. Life of a runner.

Pysio tomorrow.

No running for me in over a week and rest until I test it on Monday. Physio instructions. I have a tear on the achillies tendon.

This cheered me up. A joke from After hours:

:D:D:D:D:D
    A dog walks into a bar and asks for a drink. The bartender goes to get him a drink, but then realizes how ridiculous this is and wakes up from his dream. He rolls over to tell his wife about it, but she ignores him. He begins to cry silently, realizing his marriage is in shambles.

love it

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

Misty, I need to pick your brain for running tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

His account is closed :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wow talk about ghost thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Crap....I thought for a second he was back running and logging....we want Misty back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

TrafficBug wrote: »
    Misty, I need to pick your brain for running tips.

Hello All its Misty here :D
    TrafficBug, fire away. If I can help, I will.

Hope you are all well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

He'll be back...... they always come back :D

ecoli wrote: »
    He'll be back...... they always come back :D

ha ha back to have an aul nosey.

A dog walks into a bar and asks for a drink. The bartender goes to get him a drink, but then realizes how ridiculous this is and wakes up from his dream. He rolls over to tell his wife about it, but she ignores him. He begins to cry silently, realizing his marriage is in shambles.

wow I must have a weird sense of humor. That joke cracked me up and not one thank you :pac:

TrafficBug, fire away. If I can help, I will.

Hope you are all well.

How do we know it's really you?

How do we know it's really you?

Your first name, your real first name is spelt in an unusual way. I should say, a different way to most with that name. How would I know that? You (and Cleanman) wear the famous white and black singlet....at least I hope you still do. Ah Aero told me yesterday that you said hello.

Your first name, your real first name is spelt in an unusual way. I should say, a different way to most with that name. How would I know that? You (and Cleanman) wear the famous white and black singlet....at least I hope you still do. Ah Aero told me yesterday that you said hello.

That's the confirmation I was waiting for...see what a lovely, kind, caring, thoughtful individual I am??

That's the confirmation I was waiting for...see what a lovely, kind, caring, thoughtful individual I am??

yeah, not modest though :D

I dont get it...yes its good to have you back, but why change the name?

• Advertisement

Howdy, hope you are going well. I must have a nosey around peoples training log's.

Ah I was finding boards to be a total distraction, very busy in work plus I was getting a little cranky with people on boards so I just closed it. Left it a bit and opened a new account. I haven't been around the athletics page as I can't run anymore (which was bugging me so found it easier to stay away) and I've been busy with a new born.

A good stalker would know that he closed his misty floyd account a couple of months before opening this one.

Did claralara teach you nothing??!!

A good stalker would know that he closed his misty floyd account a couple of months before opening this one.

Did claralara teach you nothing??!!

I can honestly say claralara thought me nothing. :)

Sorry to hear you cant run MF (im sticking with it)....

Advertisement