Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games to get for Christmas (PC)

Options
  • 13-11-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

So, I'm looking to order some of the stuff I want for Christmas early.

So far, on the list, I have:
    Mass Effect 2 (if a GOTY edition comes out at least before the 18th of December)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Radioactive Edition (CS and CoP bundled together)

Are there any other good little cheap games I should consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I was going to suggest Fallout 3 then I spotted your sig! :p

I just got Assassin's Creed 2 recently. Really enjoying it. You'd get it for a tenner in Xtravision preowned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Agricola wrote: »
    I was going to suggest Fallout 3 then I spotted your sig! :p

Snap!!!! when I saw the thread title I thought the same, he should buy another copy as 1 is not enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

calex71 wrote: »
    Snap!!!! when I saw the thread title I thought the same, he should buy another copy as 1 is not enough :D

Actually, I have two copies :o

I bought it for the PS3 then a year and a half later when i built my rig I bought it again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

GT5 will be a big xmas hit for PS3 thats for sure.

Sisko wrote: »
    GT5 will be a big xmas hit for PS3 thats for sure.

Looks interesting, but I did specify PC in the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Civ 5
    Darksiders is a great game but heard the PC controls are very wonky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gunmonkey wrote: »

Well it's a GFWL game, so should work nicely with a wired 360 controller (in theory...)
    Highly recommended anyway

NFS Hot Pursuit and Bejeweled 3

Civ 5

Already have Civ 5 :)

Might look into Darksiders, thanks :)

You could also try find The Witcher, really good RPG and a sequel out next year thats looking like a PC GOTY already.

You could also try find The Witcher, really good RPG and a sequel out next year thats looking like a PC GOTY already.

Snagged the enhanced edition in a STEAM sale this year for a fiver, really should finish it, it's a great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Metro 2033 is going cheap in a lot of places, i haven't played it but might pick it up myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Looks interesting, but I did specify PC in the title.

Dunno how I missed that soz.

ME2 is a fantastic game, even more so if you've played the 1st one.

If you havnt played the left 4 dead games you should , was a good deal for them on steam a couple of weeks back.

Theres also minecraft if your looking for something indie

Sisko wrote: »
    Dunno how I missed that soz.

ME2 is a fantastic game, even more so if you've played the 1st one.

If you havnt played the left 4 dead games you should , was a good deal for them on steam a couple of weeks back.

Theres also minecraft if your looking for something indie

Looks like I should pick up ME2 then, I absolutely adored the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Skerries wrote: »
    Metro 2033 is going cheap in a lot of places, i haven't played it but might pick it up myself
    I bought it recently. Its only okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

All you will need to do is install STEAM for December 1st. If last year is anything to go by, there will be hundreds of games going for next to nothing during the build up to Xmas.

I just have to make sure I buy everybody's presents before then, because as soon as the sale goes live, I will not have any money... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Rise of Flight : Iron Cross Edition
    Brilliant WW1 Flight Sim , If you download the Demo you get 14 days to try it out. Stunning looking Sim too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

All you will need to do is install STEAM for December 1st. If last year is anything to go by, there will be hundreds of games going for next to nothing during the build up to Xmas.

Yeah, hoping there's a Xmas sale again this year. Think I bought at least 10 at the last one, and that was being picky and having already bought many of the bargains on offer.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah i love those sales, more games that i can add to my "never will be played due to too many games" pile :rolleyes::D

OP, do you have Left 4 Dead 2? If not, don't waste any time in getting it. 14 quid on Amazon!

OP, do you have Left 4 Dead 2? If not, don't waste any time in getting it. 14 quid on Amazon!

Picked both up for a tenner in the Sacrifice Update sale, then quickly realised I have no friends who play it on PC and that most of the online community are muppets who initiate a votekick if you accidentally shoot them.

• Advertisement

Picked both up for a tenner in the Sacrifice Update sale, then quickly realised I have no friends who play it on PC and that most of the online community are muppets who initiate a votekick if you accidentally shoot them.

Yeah there is that! Did you give Realism mode a try?
    I find it a much nicer pace than other modes. You dont have the xray vision to see your teammates thru walls so it makes you stick together and concentrate. It was the second game I played on L4D2, I was as green as the grass, but I ended up playing through a full campaign which took about 3 hours.
    The guys on my team were a mixture of veterans and noobs, everyone took their time, helped each other out with medipaks and sneaked through the levels almost. Its was intense at times.
    Im a resolutely singleplayer gamer and avoid online for the reasons you mentioned, but this changed my mind.

Yeah there is that! Did you give Realism mode a try?
    I find it a much nicer pace than other modes. You dont have the xray vision to see your teammates thru walls so it makes you stick together and concentrate. It was the second game I played on L4D2, I was as green as the grass, but I ended up playing through a full campaign which took about 3 hours.
    The guys on my team were a mixture of veterans and noobs, everyone took their time, helped each other out with medipaks and sneaked through the levels almost. Its was intense at times.
    Im a resolutely singleplayer gamer and avoid online for the reasons you mentioned, but this changed my mind.

I have actually played it before on 360 with my brother and I noticed the 360 community, surprisingly, is far more forgiving than the ones on PC from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

There hasnt really been anything decent released on the PC in ages and nothing really upcoming before christmas. If your into strategy games i guess starcraft II + Civ5 ? Other than that you'll have to go for the older games... world of warcraft expansion is out ?? :D

Next year looks more promising tho, thats for sure. I can not wait for diablo III !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I thought Witcher 2 was already out?

Nope, May 2011 release. Steam had it as November 2010 bu....wel....I has no copy so :/

Advertisement