Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless bridge: Using eircom router as a repeater.

Options
  • 13-11-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I have UPC broadband. I have the Scientific Atlanta/Cisco modem and a Netgear WNR2000v2 router. Everything working a-ok. Just wondering if it is possible to use an Eircom Zytel router as a repeater in this manner:

[modem]----[Basestation] - - - - - [Repeater]----[PC]

Where the repeater is wired to the PC via Ethernet. The aim of this is for me to not have to go out and buy a wireless dongle for the PC if it can be done like this.

Cheers,
    U.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

1) does the eircom router have the access point feature if not then its no good.

2) if yes, i'll assume its supported via cable and not wireless.

3) so you need to run a cable from base to repeater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

akamossie wrote: »
    1) does the eircom router have the access point feature if not then its no good.

2) if yes, i'll assume its supported via cable and not wireless.

3) so you need to run a cable from base to repeater

I think it does, I was reading threads on bridging with eircom routers on this forum, but it may have been for the netopia ones. I will double check and come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

did you double check??

Advertisement