Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking on Saturdays in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 13-11-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to find out some new locations in the city centre where on-street parking is free on Saturdays (preferably all day). There are a couple of locations I've found myself, but I'd love to find some more - and would appreciate your help.

Of course, I don't expect to be all take and no give, so here are my locations:

Lombard Street - Free all day Saturday
    30tnxbs.png

Lombard Court - just off Lombard Street always has spaces
    xcvwnl.png

Pearse Street (between Westland Row & Tara Street) - Free until 4PM on Saturday (becomes clearway then)
    1zc0ba0.png

Am I'm sure you can see, they're all in the same general location (and great for popping into Trinity to study, or up to Grafton Street), but I'd love to have a few other locations to select from. Please help me out with yours!
    -Stephen
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

87 views stealing my amazing locations, and nobody adding any of their own? I'm a bit disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

yoink! :D

well tbh i clicked on your thread cause i thought it was an announcement that everywhere would be free to park on saturdays to improve business!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nina123

Hi Stephen,

Haven't checked it for a while but Greek Street at the back of Smithfield is free all day Sat, not too far to trek to Trinity either.

Good Luck!

Nina

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bad mongo

South Cumberland Street to the rear of Pearse station iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Nina123 wrote: »
    Hi Stephen,

Haven't checked it for a while but Greek Street at the back of Smithfield is free all day Sat, not too far to trek to Trinity either.

Good Luck!

Nina

You had my hopes up there - but just checked on streetview and it's paid on a Saturday (or am I missing something?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine a lot of places around Merrion Square would be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Victor wrote: »
    I imagine a lot of places around Merrion Square would be free.
    After 4pm, going by the Gmaps street view of the north side.

Advertisement