Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Neighbours

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Surely thats part of a service provided? by someone? issuing summons

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CHRISTINACO

:confused:how do you mean part of the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

My trick is to play music back to them really loud and works everytime, 60% of the time...

here are a few classics:

Riverdance,
    Christmas Carols, Hark the Herald is usually a good one by Any sort of school boy choir with loud Church Organ
    Classical Music, Beethoven symphony what have you
    Irish Music, especially repedative eye diddle eye music, over and over again

All of the above are guaranteed to turn any noisy neighbours making noise into mice. Once however I did have to play some heavy metal rock music really loud...to the extend of about 3 times the same song...then they shut up. I live in an appartment complex with many students...trust me im an expert by now ;)

Failing that, learn to play an instrument...maybe the drums.

I recommend 2 dose's of either category of songs really really loud!! 2 songs usually does the trick.

Our neighbour used to get the drill out....but I dont recommend drilling random holes into your wall...you might hit some cables.

only problem we would have wit that is that both our neighbours will only come back louder and noisier at times when we need the peace ie when our kids are in bed and when my husband and i have work early next morning.
    all we want is to be able to sit down and watch tv in peace and not have to turn up volume to drown out the racket from our neighbours.
    thanks for the advice though but it wont work in this situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gsnapp

I know your pain my neighbours have been a nightmare for years now and council wont do anything

• Advertisement

maybe if we all banded together and set up a petition to get something set up eg a support group or a help line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

only problem we would have wit that is that both our neighbours will only come back louder and noisier at times when we need the peace ie when our kids are in bed and when my husband and i have work early next morning.
    all we want is to be able to sit down and watch tv in peace and not have to turn up volume to drown out the racket from our neighbours.
    thanks for the advice though but it wont work in this situation

Well when they are making noise...your hardly sleeping are you?? Therefore id do it only when they make noise and only stop when they stop! Trust me they would want to be very stupid not to get the message.

This 100% works for me all the time. Tried and tested method!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Just wondering how you got on Christina? Any updates?

Just wondering how you got on Christina? Any updates?
    Hi maddylicious
    Thanks for ur reply. No my situation hasn't changed a bit. Worse thing is now I have a new job for the last 7 months where I work shifts. So I'm sleeping even less. I love doing the graveyard shift because I don't have to listen to the tenants but then when I get home at 6.30am and crawl into bed I have the homeowner on the treadmill a half hour later. There has been so many times when I'm on a 6am shift where I'm up at 5am and have just got 2 or 3 hours sleep at the most. Party's and treadmills. Two thoughts that make me feel im going stir crazy 😞😡

Advertisement