Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact name not displaying when they send text

Options
  • 13-11-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia E51 and, as expected, when I get texts from nearly all my contacts, their name appears as the text sender.

However, there is one contact I have and their phone number appears instead of their name.

Why would this be happening ?

I tried deleting the contact details and then saving the number from one of their texts and then giving the contact detail the correct name. Yet still the phone number instead of the name displays.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

it happened me before, i had the person saved in my phone twice under both christian and surname....

eg, saved once as John and also saved as Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,462 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

+1, the number appears twice in the phonebook so the phone can't tell whether it's from A or B so it just displays the number.

This has happened to me several times with Nokia phones and it's always a duplicate number in the phonebook.

There is one slight variation which you might also look out for though Nokia might have fixed it a while ago. It used to be the case that if there was two numbers in the phonebook which ended in the same last seven digits then that counted as a duplicate even though they could be completely different numbers when viewed as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I had a similar problem till recently. Even though I knew the cause I couldn't fix it because I couldn't find the other entry. When I changed phones I realised that the other entry was on the sim card and not displayed. so if you can't find the duplicate entry, try your sim card and the phone memory

Advertisement