Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast M7 Limerick to Dublin?

• 13-11-2010 10:14pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for somewhere to stop on the way to Dublin for breakfast. Not looking for anyway fancy!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You still have to pass through Roscrea on the way (the full motorway is opening in a few weeks). How about Racket Hall in Roscrea? It's on the Dublin side, on the right about half a mile past the last roundabout outside town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I usually end up in McDonalds for a bagel and coffee. Cheap, cheeful but edible... and clean toilets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

+1 for Rackett Hall - you'll get a great breakfast in there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

LB6 wrote: »
    +1 for Rackett Hall - you'll get a great breakfast in there!

what are the prices like in there?

Does anyone know anyone a bit further up the road? we are leaving early enough, so might be as well stopping nearer to dublin to avoid the early morning traffic. have to be in the centre of Dublin for 10am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

anything up to a tenner for the breakfast.

If you stay on the original road and not go on the M7 at Borris - then you'll come to Mountrath - there's a big garage on the Dublin Road on the right side of going out of the village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

LB6 wrote: »
    anything up to a tenner for the breakfast.

If you stay on the original road and not go on the M7 at Borris - then you'll come to Mountrath - there's a big garage on the Dublin Road on the right side of going out of the village

There's a little restaurant beside that garage that does fantastic breakfasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

The Midway just at one of the Portlaoise exits is grand, with a decent variety of units.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    The Midway just at one of the Portlaoise exits is grand, with a decent variety of units.

you take the exit 17 for midway(old cork exit) You will get the likes of O'Briens, subway, burger bar and another coffee type shop. We stop there quiet regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Doing a trek from north Kerry to dublin Friday so I said I'd bump this thread. Can anyone recommend a place to stop . Preferably closer to dublin than to limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Doing a trek from north Kerry to dublin Friday so I said I'd bump this thread. Can anyone recommend a place to stop . Preferably closer to dublin than to limerick

Go as far as Rathcoole or so on the N7, cross over and come back to An Poitin Stil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Midway at the Portlaoise exit after the toll booth on way up or Junction14 would be my main stops, I also use Poitin Stil and Browns Barn for lunch.

Is Browns Barn still open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

phog wrote: »

Is Browns Barn still open?

Was a couple of weeks ok when I was up.

Midway has O'Briens, a Chicken place, a Noodle place, A Nut Bar and a bistro.

J14 has A really good shop, Supermacs and a deli that does carvery.

J14 is a good bit close to Dub than Midway, have a look at Google Maps.

There is also a starbucks and restaurant in Kildare Outlet Village off J13.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Didn't know the poitin stil did breakfast, might give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sun_seeker

Always stop at Junction 14 now on that trip! So clean and a good variety of food to suit everyone with lots of parking.

Like the above always stop at J14 heading up to Dublin, but I do find its too soon on the return back down to Clare, hopefully Monegal will get built soon and in the same fashion as to J14 is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

golden8 wrote: »
    Like the above always stop at J14 heading up to Dublin, but I do find its too soon on the return back down to Clare, hopefully Monegal will get built soon and in the same fashion as to J14 is.

Is there plans to build services at Monegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I thank God that Moneygall is bypassed. Biggest con job of Paddywhackery ever. The sign in the field on the motorway makes my blood boil each time I see it.
    I heard George Hook go on about a place in Mountrath, beside the petrol station on the Dublin side. The white horse, or the black horse or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

seachto7 wrote: »
    I thank God that Moneygall is bypassed. Biggest con job of Paddywhackery ever. The sign in the field on the motorway makes my blood boil each time I see it.
    I heard George Hook go on about a place in Mountrath, beside the petrol station on the Dublin side. The white horse, or the black horse or something like that?

I think there is a pub/ restaurant / BnB beside the petrol station on the Dublin side of Mountrath, I have never eaten there myself, I usually eat in the petrol station. Mountrath is a bit out of the way if you are not dodging the toll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Tis, but it's grand if you want to get off the motorway for 20 mins or so.

Advertisement