Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo printer

• 13-11-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

I'm looking for a printer to print photos, up to max of about 10"x8". Bigger might be nice but not essential.

Main criteria is quality of the prints, and a secondary is cost and running cost. Budget is up to about €200 or thereabouts for initial spend.

I've been looking around and I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of models available, and would like to get some recommendations from users before I buy something which I might regret.

Anybody using a printer they are really happy with ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

I'll be putting one of these on adverts soon...
    http://www.lonestardigital.com/kodak_8500.htm great pic quality and useful for event photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Had the use of the Kodak 8500 and didnt like it at all, not too many problems with the printer but the quality control on the media was disgraceful between spots/scratches/jams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Dye sublimations printers always have a funny sheen over the top of the image that really ruins it for me.. and I've never seen one where the color was quite right.

I've always been happy with Epson Inkjet printers using any of the Ultrachrome series of inks.

You want to be careful, because you don't want to buy a printer that doesn't use an archival ink type.. you could easily buy a printer that will give you print that look great when they're new.. that fade & look awful after just a few years.

The Epson R800 is an archival ink type printer that should be in your price range, and gives great prints.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Unless you have to print yourself, it's much cheaper to get prints done outside. Their equipment is much higher quality than somethig tou will pick up for €200 If you are doing bulk work you should be able get a better rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Anybody using a printer they are really happy with ?

I'm selling this one and it is pretty much what you are after. http://www.adverts.ie/307434/other-photography/epson-r1800-a3plus-printer-plus-extra-inks/

The only reason I'm selling it is because I dont use it enough. If you want to have a look at it let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Thanks guys.

I do a bit of research on the model you're selling Ballyman, although CabanSail makes a good point, and I'll need to relook at how often I'm going to use it after the initial run of prints that I have wanted to print for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I farm all my printing out, for dye sub the best printers are (imo) Mitsubishi/Sony but for 10x8 your looking at €1500 at least

Advertisement