Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse to Lansdowne.. how to?

Options
  • 13-11-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

S'craic?

Im going to the Ford cup Final in Lansdowne Road tomorrow, I haven't been into Pearse Station in a LONG time and have no idea how to get from my train which will be arriving there at 14:47 to my DART which will be leaving at 14:54.

Someone shed some light on this for me? I dont want to be running around like a headless chicken trying to find the right platform. Directions, pictures or anything helpful in general will be appreciated greatly.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im coming from Rush&Lusk. Ill have an adult day return card, pretty sure thats good enough going by the IrishRail site.

Heres a link to the timetable Im using:http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables_junction1.asp

So basically, get off train.. wait for DART?

Thats cool, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So basically, get off train.. wait for DART?

Yes 99% of the time the intercity train will drop you off at the same platform as the southbound DART. Just make sure you are on the Southbound platform, this is the one opposite the big TV screen on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Best way to get from Pearse to Lansdowne ?

Do you know the 5 Lamps ?

I know its a landmark of some kind, other than that, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

chughes wrote: »
    Best way to get from Pearse to Lansdowne ?

Do you know the 5 Lamps ?

LMAO how cruel :P

Ignore him OP, five lamps in on Amiens Street, miles away. (although truth be told you do have the worst geographical knowledge known to man ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Apologies OP, I was having a bit of fun at your expense.

It's an old Dublin tradition going back years that if someone asks a Dub where such and such a place is, the answer is the question do you know where the 5 Lamps is ?

Depending on your disposition, the answer to that last question can be taken as very funny or very insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

chughes wrote: »
    Apologies OP, I was having a bit of fun at your expense.

It's an old Dublin tradition going back years that if someone asks a Dub where such and such a place is, the answer is the question do you know where the 5 Lamps is ?

Depending on your disposition, the answer to that last question can be taken as very funny or very insulting.

Ye, go hang your bollocks off them :pac:

Advertisement