Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a CPU fan. Whats decent at the moment?

Options
  • 13-11-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm putting togetther a new build and need a CPU fan. Its been a while since my last build when everybody was talking about the Tuniq Tower so I'm out of touch with the current tech. How has it progressed since the tuniq was the king of the hill. What mid range coolers are worth getting at the moment. I'm not looking for the best just the best for around 20-30 EUR.

Thanks
    John.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is one of the best for that pricerange I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

not sure what your budget is or what your socket your on but I learned alot from here http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=544&Itemid=62
    You could even take a look at all their previous similar comparisons, not at all sure who is king of the hill now but I suspect we're starting to see the limits of air-cooling. Most if not all the top CPU coolers are all very similar performers in terms of temps but its price,size and noise levels that is what's wining these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

nvus wrote: »
    not sure what your budget is or what your socket your on but I learned alot from here http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=544&Itemid=62
    You could even take a look at all their previous similar comparisons, not at all sure who is king of the hill now but I suspect we're starting to see the limits of air-cooling. Most if not all the top CPU coolers are all very similar performers in terms of temps but its price,size and noise levels that is what's wining these days.

I stated my budget is 20-30 EUR but forgot to mention the socket. I think its 775. The CPU is a Core 2 E6600. The cooler I have at the moment aint that bad at all but the pegs that hold it in place have become badly damaged and one is even broken.
    Is it possible to buy the pegs seperatly? because that is all I really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Hogzy wrote: »

Thats what I have at the moment (Rev 1). All that is broken is the clips that hold it to the mainboard. If you know where to get them:
    2831356790734137641.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

anyone you know that has bought an after-stock CPU cooler will have four of them. I suggest you ask in your School, Work of group/club if anyone has upgraded their CPU cooler then ask them if they still have the stock one, all Intel 775/1156/1366 use them I think, you might even get em for nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

clearz wrote: »
    Thats what I have at the moment (Rev 1). All that is broken is the clips that hold it to the mainboard. If you know where to get them:
    2831356790734137641.jpg

AFAIK Rev2 got rid of the clip system, Try ebay though, Or as the above poster said. Ask around as the stock intel cooler use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

<hijack>
    Where can i get a hyper 212+ at HWVS prices? It was usually ~€22 on there ex. shipping but haven't seen it for weeks! Rage if it's gone for good.
    </hijack>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Seems to be gone for good, haven't seen it anywhere lately although Pixmania might have some old stock - you'd be paying for it though! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

:( Maybe there's somethin new in the pipeline. Although Komplett do have 50 in stock and they don't seem to be trying to shift them at €32 a pop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement