Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New traffic lights in Naas?

Options
  • 13-11-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭

Would I be right in saying that they are putting in traffic lights at the entrance to Monread/The Gallops on the Dublin Rd in Naas? Please say it aint so... :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

djimi wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that they are putting in traffic lights at the entrance to Monread/The Gallops on the Dublin Rd in Naas? Please say it aint so... :confused:

It is so djimi!

Interestingly I drove by them yesterday (friday) at 6pm and the traffic was tailed back to the cinema. (and thats regular enough in the evenings.) So we can only imagine what it will be like when they are functioning. Im no engineer but the introduction of lights at kingsfurze and Ashgrove has caused bigger tailbacks. I understand the need to provide safer and easier access from these estates to the Dublin road, but I reckon small traffic calming roundabouts would have helped more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

They make no sense at all. The traffic can only turn one way out of Monread as it is, and its not like there is a hundred cars turning out of The Paddocks at a time to warrant traffic lights. The only time it makes any kind of sense at all is when the races are on, and its not like they are on every day. Complete madness. Theres enough lights on that road as it is without needing more.

Advertisement