Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Liverpool and Hodgson done??

• 13-11-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

For the craic, seeing as Xavi6 has done his Mancini one,

And this is no p!sstake. For me, Liverpool and Hodgson should never have started.

Getting rid of Rafa is one thing. That's a completely different issue. But once you make that decision, to replace him with Roy Hodgson is ridiculous!!

He's not good enough. He's not long term. He's not Liverpool standard!!

Please NESV, please be looking around the world for a long term manager with vision for the future and who wants and desires to mould the club for 21st century football!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

was going to start one of these, but didnt have the balls, that and prob get banned for ever from here...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

With the help of God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

And who exactly is avaliable to take over the liverpool job???:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

was going to start one of these, but didht have the balls, that and prob get banned for ever from here...:p

I know, but it had to be done!!! He's having a laugh. He's the Audley Harrison of Liverpool managers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

MUSEIST wrote: »

I dont recall anyone askin that when the Rafa done thread was goin strong. He had his faults but Id give anythin for him to still be in charge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Déjà vu???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought there was a thread of this theme running already.

Obviously he is done as for. Regarding his replacement well, the promise of January and summer spends will temp some decent names and its hard to imagine any manager that NESV would seriously consider could be anything like as regressive and generally clueless as Hodgson has turned out to be.

I dont recall anyone askin that when the Rafa done thread was goin strong. He had his faults but Id give anythin for him to still be in charge

Oh that question was asked alright. And the answers we got was along the lines of Mourinho, Hiddink etc!! People were told be careful what the wish for etc.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

I initially thought Hodgson was a good appointment for Liverpool based on what he achieved at Fulham. He seemed to be getting the most anyone could out of the players at his disposal.

This clearly hasn't been the case so far in his time at Liverpool.

That doesn't necessarily mean its all his fault though. It could be argued that the current squad's form is being truely reflected by their league position. I can't think of a Liverpool player right now who I would deem to be playing the best football of their career.

Something definitely needs to change though. They will struggle to get into the Europa league as it stands.

mike65 wrote: »
    I thought there was a thread of this theme running already.

Obviously he is done as for. Regarding his replacement well, the promise of January and summer spends will temp some decent names and its hard to imagine any manager that NESV would seriously consider could be anything like as regressive and generally clueless as Hodgson has turned out to be.

There is, actually. Forgot about that one. Can the mods merge or close this one??

• Advertisement

Paleface wrote: »
    I initially thought Hodgson was a good appointment for Liverpool based on what he achieved at Fulham. He seemed to be getting the most anyone could out of the players at his disposal.

This clearly hasn't been the case so far in his time at Liverpool.

That doesn't necessarily mean its all his fault though. It could be argued that the current squad's form is being truely reflected by their league position. I can't think of a Liverpool player right now who I would deem to be playing the best football of their career.

Something definitely needs to change though. They will struggle to get into the Europa league as it stands.

This isn't good enough for Liverpool!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

monkey9 wrote: »
    This isn't good enough for Liverpool!!

They were in a lot of debt and had a power struggle going on at the time. With that in mind and what I said earlier he was a good apointment imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

MUSEIST wrote: »

I am available, can start in a few weeks

wholesale clearout guranteed.

I will get ronnie moran as my assistant, no more messing about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

He hasn't a clue, the display against Chelsea just put a smokescreen over the little mini run we put together. We were pretty **** against Bolton, Napoli and Wigan. 1-0 against B'burn at home? Brutal, regardless of the positive display. Today's result? Just like the Bolton game, except today we didn't rob the home team of a result.

Roy's comments on Glen Johnson this weekend just sums up his cluelessness. Johnson, quite clearly a player lacking in confidence, publicly humiliated by his manager. He's ****ing clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Lads it is the players not the manager.

The squad is very poor. I think your league position is just about right to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hate how Martin O'Neill seems to be the favourite for every possible new manager. He slumps at the end of every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

There's already a very substantial Hodgson thread. Closed....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement