Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC wifi dongle doesn't work

• 13-11-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I have one of the UPC wifi dongle and I can't seem to get it to work. My computer is win 7 x64. I know the dongle does actually work as I've tried it on a number of others computers including one with win 7 x64 on it also. When you plug it in it seems to recognise it and it shows up in the device manager without any error signs on it. But in the network sharing screen it is listed as diabled and when you right click and enable it, it goes through the motions and then says its enabled but its not. I dunno whats going on with it. I rang up UPC tech support and they didn't have clue and suggested I ring some €1 a min premium number to get the issue fixed. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know a fix for it. Below are 2 screenshots of the device manager and network sharing screen

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

suppafly wrote: »
    I have one of the UPC wifi dongle and I can't seem to get it to work. My computer is win 7 x64. I know the dongle does actually work as I've tried it on a number of others computers including one with win 7 x64 on it also. When you plug it in it seems to recognise it and it shows up in the device manager without any error signs on it. But in the network sharing screen it is listed as diabled and when you right click and enable it, it goes through the motions and then says its enabled but its not. I dunno whats going on with it. I rang up UPC tech support and they didn't have clue and suggested I ring some €1 a min premium number to get the issue fixed. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know a fix for it. Below are 2 screenshots of the device manager and network sharing screen

Ah the good old premium number again!:rolleyes:

Try uninstialling the usb completely and do a fresh install. Check if there are any more up to date drivers for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I had this problem also. The device would not work under the built in microsoft drivers. All I did was check for updated drivers and it worked perfectly after that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I had this problem also. The device would not work under the built in microsoft drivers. All I did was check for updated drivers and it worked perfectly after that :)

where did you find the updated drivers for it. I tried looking on the altantic scientific website but coudn't find any. Do you have a link for the site you went to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Anyone find any? Had a look there but most of the places you seem to have to pay to use the system to get the driver or the driver is really old

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Advertisement
Advertisement